Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Discharges during pregnancy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The other half has been getting an odd discharge over the weekend, I know this because she has told me, but she has been away for the weekend. She says its slightly blood coloured but not massively so, how much so I dont know.

Now Im going with her to the doctors tomorrow, after having had a look up on the net it seems that whilst it recommends to check out anything like this just incase, a lot of the time it does and often happens.

Now I know in the back of my head it could be something pretty bad, but I'm keeping positive, and just wondered if any of you had gone through this or had knowledge of this kinda thing.

Comments

• Options
    Any amount of bleeding in pregnancy should be checked out asap, but often it is nothing to worry about. I know someone who bled heavily throughout 2 pregnancies and still carried both (perfectly healthy) babies to term.

You're right to get to the doctors, but try not to worry too much until you get a reason to :)
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    Any amount of bleeding in pregnancy should be checked out asap, but often it is nothing to worry about. I know someone who bled heavily throughout 2 pregnancies and still carried both (perfectly healthy) babies to term.

You're right to get to the doctors, but try not to worry too much until you get a reason to :)

Cheers, I have been preparing my mind for the worst, but keeping a strong face on things for the other half.

At least my mind is at ease a little now.
  • Options
    You don't mention how far gone she is.

I don't know the English word but towards the end of a pregnancy there can be blood coloured discharge that's quite normal and is for some associated with impending birth (slimey plug of some sort).

If it's sooner it can also be for other logical and harmless reasons, like sex. The tissue "up there" is very fragile, especially in the first weeks.

It's usually a question of amount and also if it's fresh blood or not. I wouldn't worry too much if it doesn't seem to be much. However it's worth paying attention if it increases and changes in nature.
  • Options
    15 Weeks tomorrow.

We saw the midwife wednesday just gone and the heartbeat was strong and everything seemed ok. So fingers crossed.
  • Options
    I don't think its necessarily anything to worry about if your after 12 weeks - i had bleeding and all sorts of weird discharge during my pregnancies.

But its definately worth getting it checked out to see what it is - they might send you to the hospital to the early pregnancy unit so don't panic if they do as its totally normal - but as you've had a scan with no problems showing up on it - its likely that they will just listen to the heartbeat to check the baby is ok.
  • Options
    how is it?
    I've read some article about this..
    article 1
    article 2
  • Options
    Hi i had this right the way throu both my pregnacys both my children are ok it is a massive worry u automaticlly think the worst my advise is just tell your partner not to overdo it goodluck and the heartbeat is strong which is super news x
  • Options
    It could just be "spotting", which happened to my missus in all four of her pregnancies. Only one didn't go full term.

I know what you are going through G-Raffe. Chin up, it might not be as bad as you are worrying about.

However, if the worst is confirmed then maybe it just isn't supposed to be. I look back now with some sense of joy, because if we hadn't miscarried the third pregnancy then we wouldn't have our delightful daughter now...
  • Options
    Seems all is ok. :)
  • Options
    Good news :D

The wee ones just like to keep you on your toes!