Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how to stop the gf walking all over me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
been together for about 7months now,
and there is arguements left right and centre with me and my gf. I live in her house and pay my way, so its a little bit mose difficult as i feel if i say the smallest thing wrong she'll explode and have a right go at me. Everything i seem to do is wrong ofcourse, and i cant even ask her something without her taking it the wrong way. If she has a go at me i bite my tongue or just walk away. Its making me depressed, what can i do to make it work as its just giving me a headache and making me doubt her everyday. Some good advice needed, thanks

Comments

• Options
    maybe its just not working? I dont think you should be having to try too hard at 7 mths. It should still be the honeymoon period no?
  • Options
    no honeymoon period anymore. :-
    ( she just seemed so nice and like a different person the first 2weeks but things are very bitter. i even had a holiday booked for morocco and couple weeks ago which we didnt end up going on because i lost my wallet a few days before, so said we couldn't go but then borrowed some money straight away so that we could go, and she was still stubourn and said she didnt wanna go! She's 2 years older than me, and i live in HER house, could that be why she's being more dominant and bossy? What can i do to make it work
  • Options
    oh that must have been really gutting about the holiday. Id have been furious about that.

I cant tell you what to do to make it work, cos every relationship is different, and most relationships arent supposed to be forever. It takes a really special one to be a forever one, and i really dont think it sounds like thats what youve got.
    It sounds like she isnt really into it, and all thats going to do is make YOu unhappy.
  • Options
    Maybe you could try talking to her? Telling her honestly how you feel. But you have to accept that it probably wont work out how you want it to, and you will need to make a decision.
    Do you really want to be in a relationship if you aren't happy? x
  • Options
    no i dont and ive not been happy for ages. We've talked and talked but everything i say she just forgets about 5mins later. i want to leave her but i cant mainly because im kinda worried ill be lonely and ive ditched alot of my mates since going out
    with her x
  • Options
    If you don't want to be with her, you can't be. It will never work.
    I'm sure your mates will be happy to have you back! Why don't you organize a meet up?
  • Options
    tbh there is nothing lonelier than being in a bad relationship
  • Options
    tbh there is nothing lonelier than being in a bad relationship

Amen to that.
  • Options
    + 1
  • Options
    Hi there braderz,

This is a tough situation you are in. Seems like you and your girlfriend have been fighting a lot and she doesn't seem to treat you very well since you have moved in together.

It seems by your post that you want to leave but are worried;
    i want to leave her but i cant mainly because im kinda worried ill be lonely and ive ditched alot of my mates since going out
    with her x

Being scared of singledom is completely natural, yet probably not a valid reason to stay. Like Broken-Angel said, why not arrange a meet up with your mates soon and try to reconnect? Many people drift apart while being in relationships, so if you explain what you have been through they might understand.

Similarly, you could start meeting new people and making new friends - boosting your social life can really help when ending a relationship.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    braderz wrote: »
    been together for about 7months now,
    and there is arguements left right and centre with me and my gf. I live in her house and pay my way, so its a little bit mose difficult as i feel if i say the smallest thing wrong she'll explode and have a right go at me. Everything i seem to do is wrong ofcourse, and i cant even ask her something without her taking it the wrong way. If she has a go at me i bite my tongue or just walk away. Its making me depressed, what can i do to make it work as its just giving me a headache and making me doubt her everyday. Some good advice needed, thanks

Simple answer to your question......Move out!!