Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Autoimmune diseases?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At the age of 17 I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Sjogren's. It's pretty common in women of menopausal age, kinda rare in adolescents. Right after I was diagnosed I got really sick, started vomitting in school, lost about 25 lbs.

I'm doing a lot better these days, but my rheumatologist just took some blood work last Friday. My Sjogren's is really on the mild side, and so far, it's primary. I've been having some random muscle and joint pain, though, so I'm really scared he's gonna call me and tell me I have another disease. :(

Does anyone else on this board have any history of autoimmunity? I can't really talk to anyone about this, and I don't really have much of a support system to speak of at college...

Comments

• Options
    Hiya I don't personally but my best friend has rhumatoid arthritis, so if u ever need anyone to talk ...... just post. x
  • Options
    Hi Marlasinger,

As has been said, please keep posting about what is going on for you, even though people may not have any direct experience with Sjogrens syndrome, people here can certainly support and offer advice to you.

It must be scary living with the syndrome, but it seems you are getting the right medical care. If you are getting some muscle pain that you haven't had before, why not just give your Doctor a call to discuss it, or make an appointment to chat your concerns through?

This link to the NHS website may be of some use to you? There is also a link here to the BSSA (British Sjogren's Syndrome Association), which might be worth checking out?

Take care :)
  • Options
    I don't know about it before but know i understand and also i want some more details about it..Will anyone plz?
  • Options
    shobee wrote: »
    I don't know about it before but know i understand and also i want some more details about it..Will anyone plz?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sj%C3%B6gren%27s_syndrome