Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

kinda embarrassing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well i was recently pregnant in june till august but lost the baby but ever since then i'v not been able to go to the toilet properly :blush:
has anyone else had this?

Comments

• Options
    Hi chichi,

Really sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you are ok and have lots of support *hug*

It's not completely clear what you mean by not being able to go to the toilet properly. Do you mean constipation or something else? It doesn't seem as though anyone else here has had that experience related to a miscarriage. If the problem continues, it might be worth calling NHS Direct for more information or visiting your GP for their advice and suggestions. Would this be something you could do?

:)
  • Options
    yeah as in constipation. i knew when you become pregnant you become constipated but i mean it has still carried on since the miscarriage. its really hard to explain how it feels. like i know i need the toilet its just the actual kind of getting it out :blush:
  • Options
    Hey chichi :wave:

We had a live chat on Tuesday night with a GP and had some extra time towards the end so we put your question to him as we thought it would be a good one to hear his thoughts on, here's what he said which hopefully will help :)
    Dr Keith Hopcroft: This isn't a common knock on effect of having a miscarriage. The only connection I can see is that if you had to take anything like codeine then this can cause constipation. Another alternative is that you've just become more generally run down as a result of the miscarriage.

In terms of treatment, increasing fruit and fibre is really useful, as is increasing fluid intake and doing more exercise. If it's bowel problems then a mild over the counter laxative will help. If this doesn’t sort you out then you should go and talk to your GP.

As he says, if it's been going on a while with no change then no harm in a quick trip to the doc to put your mind at rest, take care *hug*