Home Travel & Free Time Creative
Take part in our Watch Club tonight at 7.30pm. We'll be talking about the TV series Euphoria! Join from this page.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Astronomy...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anybody into Astronomy?

I have been thinking about it and doing a little research, ive always been amazed by nature and i love being around Lakes, Mountains, Forest, the Beach etc

When im not around those places, which is 95% of the year when im in the city one thing i love is looking at the sky and connecting with it, its really relaxing and fascinating, i just wish i could see furthur to the Planets and Stars.

From what i gather a Telescope for around 2-4 hundred pounds doesnt let you see much really, to get a good view of whats up there you need to spend thousands on a scope.

Has anybody got any experiance with a low range scope and did you actually think it was worth your while?

Cheers

Tor

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i like astronomy. My dad used to show me Saturn and Jupiter and the moon through his telescope. He had a reflector telescope which was pretty good.
    If you get some binoculars, about 10x50 magnification, they should start you off well in finding things. I have found the Andromeda galaxy through binoculars, it's so pretty.