Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Health chat with Keith Hopcroft GP - Tues Dec 7th

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello :wave:

Really pleased to let you all know that on Tuesday 7th December from 7-8pm Keith Hopcroft (GP) will be dropping in to TheSite chat room to answer your health questions.

If you've got a niggling health query that you'd like to ask about then why not come along.

Keith is a full time GP in Basildon. He's also a Sun doctor with features and Q&As every Thursday. He also contributes occasionally to the Times newspaper as well as being medical editor to Pulse magazine (a GP weekly). He's published a number of medical books both under his own name and a pseudonym. He's also a Pompey fan and amateur astonomer with a column in Sky at Night mag! :thumb:

The chat will be moderated and Keith will answer your questions in turn. If you have something you'd like to ask but can't make it that evening then feel free to PM me and I can ask it on your behalf if we have time.

The transcript from the chat will be published a few days afterwards in the chat archive

When chat is open you'll be able to log in from this page:
http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

See you there! :yes:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jo7 wrote: »
    He's also a Pompey fan

He sounded like a good guy, till I read that :yeees:
    Q: Does he think that the new White Paper is going to undermine the patient/GP relationship?
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Can we ask about feeling suicidal and self harm, and hearing things? x
    *bump*

And in reply to your question Angel_Abi - yes, everyone is welcome to come and ask about anything health related that might be bothering them :)
    this guy used to live down my road :p
    Ooops. I read wrong and thought it was on thursday.
    I might pop in and asking him about Lefty: the black, stinky and puss-ridden testicle.
    Not going to be there I dont think as I am working but heres my question with photo.

I have this rash on both of my feet, had it for a number of years 4/5 or more, never itched, caused me a problem or anything like that, my feet seem to be warm most times so never thought of it as circulatory related, but unsure what it is, never bothered me enough to go to the doctors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/Rude_boyz/b28a1b56.jpg
    Thanks for this Hellfire, we'll put this one to Keith and let you know when the transcript goes up - it's usually within a week of the chat :thumb:
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Not going to be there I dont think as I am working but heres my question with photo.

I have this rash on both of my feet, had it for a number of years 4/5 or more, never itched, caused me a problem or anything like that, my feet seem to be warm most times so never thought of it as circulatory related, but unsure what it is, never bothered me enough to go to the doctors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/Rude_boyz/b28a1b56.jpg

tiny toenail :sour:
    MoK wrote: »
    Q: Does he think that the new White Paper is going to undermine the patient/GP relationship?

Do you have a link or info about the White Paper?
    Basically, the White Paper puts GPs in charge of deciding how health funding is spent locally - something which was previously the responsibility of Primary Care Trusts.

The consequence is that GPs will therefore need to make treatment decisions based (in part) on the cost of the treatment whereas previously it had just been based on clinical grounds. In effect GPs used to act as the patients advocate, now they will be the "rationing" body...
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Thanks for this Hellfire, we'll put this one to Keith and let you know when the transcript goes up - it's usually within a week of the chat :thumb:

Chances are ill make it into chat. It's a just incase
    Dr Keith is in the building, come on in and ask him a question :thumb:

N.B All questions and comments will come through to a holding area before they appear in the chat room :)
    Ten more mins to go guys if anyone has a question! :)
    Damn, I wish you'd given us more notice with this one, because I really would've liked to ask about my thyroid. Oh wells.
    Aww, sorry evenstar, it was up on the boards for about a week before but maybe we could put an announcement up next time for a bit longer so people see it :)
    Can TheSite create an area where we can "register" for alerts to our email or whatever when a chat or event is happening? I always come into threads and want to make it, but I forget until I see the posts days after.