Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

any suggestions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
last year i got to know this girl from sitting next to her in a lesson mostly and after a few months i started fancying her until i got to the stage where i was thinking about her all the time (literally)

i asked her out in the easter holidays and she said she already had a bf...and after that we barely spoke to each other, it seemed like she was ignoring me and i was too embarrased.

anyway i wrote a really long letter to her last week explaining everything and asked her to txt me when shes read it. she sent me this txt this morning:
hi gav just finished reeding ur letr + yeh we canbe frends i wasntaware of us bing frends b4 + i dontfink we wud b very gud frends cosur reely queit+imloud + al my frends liknik + james + jon r reely loud,i only talked 2 u in the 1st place cos ther was no1 else2 talk 2+i cant shut up r u goin 2 6th form next yr?

i replied saying shes probably right but "i only talked 2 u in the 1st place cos ther was no1 else2 talk 2" that bit upsets me the most :(

now i dont know what to do. how can i just forget about her when i think of her 27/4, it seems an impossible task:(

Comments

• Options
    Re: any suggestions?
    Originally posted by DeLiRiuM
    last year i got to know this girl from sitting next to her in a lesson mostly and after a few months i started fancying her until i got to the stage where i was thinking about her all the time (literally)

i asked her out in the easter holidays and she said she already had a bf...and after that we barely spoke to each other, it seemed like she was ignoring me and i was too embarrased.

anyway i wrote a really long letter to her last week explaining everything and asked her to txt me when shes read it. she sent me this txt this morning:

i replied saying shes probably right but "i only talked 2 u in the 1st place cos ther was no1 else2 talk 2" that bit upsets me the most :(

now i dont know what to do. how can i just forget about her when i think of her 27/4, it seems an impossible task:(

Well, one idea is that trying to fit 27 hours into a four day week may make your task exceptionally improbable.

The other is simply to give it time and space. What she said wasn't very well thought out, or sensitive, but I think it was well meaning. Just let it be, screw her, you've got other friends. And don't let yourself get so engrossed with girls, they're not worth it.
  • Options
    awww sorry to hear that mate, Its much you do about nothing, You can't make her like you and from the sounds of thing she not lead you on or anything and has been fair

It does get better in time, You just need something to do to past the time till your over her, I use this site to past the time and it stop my mind wondering!;)

Go out for few drinks and hang out with mates & stuff, That help me.

Good luck

:)
  • Options
    the worst think is that txt basically says "i dont like you because you're quiet" and thats something about myself i cant really change :(

i do hope it gets better with time, i've been really depressed and sulky all day. its going to take ages to get over her, i doubt i'll be over her when i next see her in september. aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh:(
  • Options
    Shows you how much your own mind can deceive you into seeing a situation a whole different way to that seen by the other person involved.

To be bluntly honest, her txt reply can across as deliberately rude and hurtful. She makes sure to mention that you're 'too quiet' (read: boring) to her mind. She makes sure to name three guys as the friends she likes (to show you you're not wanted or needed), and finally goes on to imply that she only talked to you at all, ever, because she was bored and there was noone else.

Now, if you find that kind of insult attractive, and are still thinking about her, you, my lad, have a serious self-image problem.

One thing you need to do is stop having so many conversations in your mind, and have more with other people. That's how you got to thinking this bitch liked you in the first place. You kept running things through your mind till you felt you'd experienced a deeper relationship than you really had.

We can all do it. The trick is to remember that this is something that can happen, and be on guard against it in future. Don't 'live in your thoughts' when you could instead be out there living for real.

To move on, make the commitment to do so. Start by promising yourself right now that you aren't going to be used as a doormat by girls like that one. Then start honouring that promise.

You can do a lot to raise both your self-esteem and your overall attractiveness to women. You need to build a better relationship with yourself. Know your good points and seek to improve them further. Also know your bad boints and seek to turn them around.

Get some interests going in your life, and remember the truest truism of them all: If you don't respect yourself, no-one else will either.

That means that if you don't enjoy your own company, why would anyone else do so? If you don't think you're worth more than being treated like this girl's text message treats you, then how is anyone else to believe it?

Wake up and start building a life for yourself that others will be only too eager to share. Have yourself a good life that people (especially girls) will want to be a part of. Have fun, build up confidence in the things you are good at, and learn the lessons you can from anything that comes your way.

All the best to you.
  • Options
    thanks black_knight that was a much-needed kick up the backside :p

the fact that 2 of the 3 guys she mentions are good friends of mine makes the insult all the worse

now i've opened my eyes (so to speak) i think i realise why everyone does, in fact, call her a bitch

thankyou:)
  • Options
    matey, do not let that txt get to you.

As black knight said it's all too easy to read into things way too deeply...especially when you really like someone.

I'm a bit quite too - don't let that get you down either. Better to be like that than a loud rude tart who enjoys making people feel like crap. :D

sounds like you're feeling more positive anyway, just put this behind you and learn from it.
  • Options
    what do you think i should do about the girl in question, i will be seeing her at 6th form for the next 2 years and we have many of the same friends....so it would be difficult to avoid her :confused:

i feel like telling everyone what a bitch she really is but it probably wont accomplish much if i join the hate campaign against her (my other friend reallyu hates her, for unknown reasons)