Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

advice please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I am Hazal I am 23 and live in Basildon I can be quite shy when it comes to meeting new people I have a small group of friends at the moment but I would like to widen my social circle can never have to many friends :-) I do have a disability that affects my walking I walk with a limp and can get tired when I do alot of walking though that maybe because I am quite lazy in general :-) LOL I enjoy going shopping out to bars/ clubs cinema out for meals I enjoy nights in with dvds and lots of chocolate usually with my friends. I enjoy going swimming I work for Southend Council helping disabled elderly and terminally ill people

I am looking to meet open minded people who can look past my disability and get to know me for me

now that you have read all of that (sorry it was soooo long) I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice on how I can meet new people and possiblly start some new friendships as most of my mates are in relationships now and never seem to be free

hope to hear from someone

Hazal :-)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are there no groups in your area you could join? Like book clubs and things? Or maybe you and your current friends could do dinner parties, and you could ask them to invite people you don't know? Even going out with a couple of your friends and telling them to bring people along might be good x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Hazal,

We've got a great section on TheSite.org with info about making new friends etc which you might find helpful to explore :)

Broken Angel makes some good suggestions - another one is trying some volunteering - this gives you a chance to meet and work with new people - and there's usually something to talk about while you're getting to know them as you're usually working together on something. There's loads of types of volunteering out there - have a look at the link.

:)