Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does not compute

We have the ranty thread and good news thread. So how about we have something along the same lines but for things that don't add up in your lives. It can be good / bad / neutral. The main criteria is that it doesn't hold logic.

I've got a new(ish) Android phone on the Orange network. Great for internet browsing. As soon as I open TheSite.org, I get an Orange Safeguard warning because it thinks that it's an 18+ site. The same goes with Yahoo Answers when I was looking up a tech problem. Yet, it doesn't block Encyclopaedia Dramatica which is definitely 18+ because there is pr0n on it. Logical. Not.

Your turn guys.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can you get xtube on it?
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    We have the ranty thread and good news thread. So how about we have something along the same lines but for things that don't add up in your lives. It can be good / bad / neutral. The main criteria is that it doesn't hold logic.

I've got a new(ish) Android phone on the Orange network. Great for internet browsing. As soon as I open TheSite.org, I get an Orange Safeguard warning because it thinks that it's an 18+ site. The same goes with Yahoo Answers when I was looking up a tech problem. Yet, it doesn't block Encyclopaedia Dramatica which is definitely 18+ because there is pr0n on it. Logical. Not.

Your turn guys.

you can turn it off,

As I believe it is the same as Tmobiles one (same company now)
  • Options
    before I turned mine off on the website it wouldn't even let me onto homebase website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm living in Vancouver at the mo and we've recently had some snow and the temperatures have been stuck well and truly in minus figures. Yesterday on the way to class I saw a girl in stilettos, with no tights, sliding over the ice to get to the arts building.

I know the weather took a lot of us by surprise as Vancouver is known for having mild winters, but surely she must've owned a pair of shoes more suitable than that?!
  • Options
    I'm living in Vancouver at the mo and we've recently had some snow and the temperatures have been stuck well and truly in minus figures. Yesterday on the way to class I saw a girl in stilettos, with no tights, sliding over the ice to get to the arts building.

I know the weather took a lot of us by surprise as Vancouver is known for having mild winters, but surely she must've owned a pair of shoes more suitable than that?!

On that note. Every day one of the girls in my college class comes in wearing her huge platform stilettos, her hair all perfectly curled, her fingers manicured and wearing skimpy little dresses that I wouldnt even wear on a night out and must have cost her an absolute fortune. We spend most of our time dying and painting and pouring wax on to things. I dont get it. Why would you make such an effort just to go in to an art class and get covered in paint.
  • Options
    i'm going to a pub quiz tonight, in my new tempory home of Whangarei. I'm staying with my aunt and uncle because i ran outta cash :/ so i'm feeling a bit of a bum (no luck with jobs up here either :( ) but tonight will cheer me up :)
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    you can turn it off,

As I believe it is the same as Tmobiles one (same company now)

Thanks for the tip, although I can't find such option on my Orange account online. After going into the help section, it seems that I need to go into an Orange shop and show photo ID before they can turn the feature off. Once again it does not compute because I don't even like pr0n. Let's just say that I'm un-PC. (Encyclopaedia Dramatica etc).

:-)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm owed some money by the government (why isn't important here). In order to get it, they want me to make an income declaration for last year. Because my income is was less than a specific amount, the law says I'm not required to declare it and so I never have. There are forms I've filled other times that explain why I've not made a declaration but this specific place insists not to accept such a form. And if I do make a declaration now, I'll be fined for not making it in January.

Does anyone see any slivers of logic here? :confused:
  • Options
    I gave my dog a new toy today and not even 5 minutes passed before she had fatally wounded it and has since been tearing it into tiny pieces.

It was a free gift so no financial loss but she's a total terminator! Only about 7 kg.
  • Options
    Surely they could/would only fine you if you were actually required to submit it at the time?
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Surely they could/would only fine you if you were actually required to submit it at the time?
    That would make sense. This doesn't.
  • Options
    I'm having a meeting to draw up my performance contract for the year (although I only started in September, so more like the end of the year) on Tuesday.

I'm then having my appraisal a week later.

Struggling slightly to see how that one works - write what I've done, because thats all we can really do doing performance contract so close to year end, then a week later, compare what we wrote a week ago to what I've actually done when it's hardly going to change.

I feel a 'Meets Expectation' grading coming along.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip, although I can't find such option on my Orange account online. After going into the help section, it seems that I need to go into an Orange shop and show photo ID before they can turn the feature off. Once again it does not compute because I don't even like pr0n. Let's just say that I'm un-PC. (Encyclopaedia Dramatica etc).

:-)

Was it you that registered the phone? I am assuming not? If not you'll have to get them to do it, unless you go to the shop and are/or look over 18 and they MIGHT do it for you....

:thumb:
  • Options
    It was me who registered the phone, and I've had the same telephone number for 10 years and 2 months. I'm not one of those who changes number :-)
  • Options
    Not anything to do with my life but i couldnt understand, the other day, how the postman could wear shorts! It was forking freezing!
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Not anything to do with my life but i couldnt understand, the other day, how the postman could wear shorts! It was forking freezing!
    It happens all the time. Damn Garfield...
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »

The man that collects money at my car park is still wearing shorts too. Says it has to get REALLY cold before he stops. Er...:eek2: