Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A pill to postpone my period?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going to France at the end of next week for the weekend as a school trip, and sure enough I'm going to be due on by the end of next week...
I really don't want to be on... spending all day on a coach, then sharing a room with 5 other girls? It'll be grim..
Are there any pills or something I can take to just postpone my period until I get back? And can I get it fast and also would it work instantly?

Comments

• Options
    The pill may work if you can get to a doctors before you leave?

I say may work as I can't remember what happened when I started it when I used to take it.

Sorry it's not a huge amount of help, but the doctors is definitely the place to go.
  • Options
    If you get the Progesterone only pill it works straight away, otherwise the other pill you have to take on the 1st day of your period.. i think!! If you can't get a docs appt, go to your local family planning clinic and they will be able to give it to you :)
  • Options
    The only thing you can do is go to the doctors and get the pill BUT when you take the pill you usually have to start taking it when you are on your period so that it will postpone your next one. As you didnt do this last time you were on your period it is very unlikely that u will succeed.

you can still go to the doctors and see what they say but i am sure they will tell you that u need to wait until the last day of your next period to start taking them because taking it too close to your period and therefore will not stop anything from happening as your cycle for this month has already began :(
  • Options
    therefore... get the PoP :)
  • Options
    You can start taking microgynon 30 straight away, but when I started I had a period for 2 weeks! Which isn't so good. x
  • Options
    Hi yes there is a pill u can take its not the PILL thou, Just ring your drs and explain what u want to do and he will prescribe it 4 u.
    My advise thou seriousley don't do it i went on holiday last year and like u was due on took these tablets i was fine but when i came home and stopped taking them i had a very scant period and felt very very down and i have never felt like this b4, and my next period i had was like unreal the amount i was losing like having a double period i took my kids to the fair and was leaking, i have very lite periods usually.
    The choice is your but from experience i would never ever delay my period again it was a real bad experience for me.
    At the end of the day your all girls and u all have periods x
  • Options
    Ah thank you :)
    I'll talk to my mum (persuade her really) tommorow and see what can be done :D
  • Options
    I did the same thing for one of my school trips. The Pill I got wasnt the usual pill either. I had to start taking it three days before my period was due and then take it twice a day. The doctor gave me just enough to last til the day after I got home, and my periods started the day after that. I dont remember having any problems at all. Just go speak to the doctor and they should give you something. Also you might not neccassarily need your mums permission. I went to get mine by myself and it was fine, I had a letter from my mum just incase, but the doctor never even asked.
  • Options
    Well I spoke to my mum about it and she was saying "It's not a good idea to mess around with it" but I would've gone done anyway but it's OK now.. Came on a bit earlier so should be finished by the time I go away,
    panic over! :D
    Thanks for the advice though!