Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

feeling really down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
basically i've been feelin really down for a long time i dnt really like to talk about the past but alot has happened in the past 3 years and i really can't deal with much more :(

april 2008 - my uncle passed away after a battle with cancer :(
may 2009 - my granda passed away suddenly :(
may - august 2009 - dad broke down in deep depression after losing his father and older brother within 15mnths of each other
august 2009 - parents broke up and dad moved away
february 2010 - auntie passed away suddenly in her sleep :(

i was really close to every member and i miss them so much :(

now its november 2010 - me, my mum, and 3 younger brothers are all currently living with my 74 yr old grandmother as social services has declared our house "un-safe & un-suitable" for children to live in. if it wasnt for my grandmother my brothers would be in care. social has placed my brothers on the "at risk" register because of the house and that.

i am feeling really down :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there EAB_x

Well done for opening up and talking here about what has been going on for you. Sound's like you have had a really difficult few years losing members of your family that you are close to. Seems that you are a close family and that your Grandmother has been supportive. It can be hard when Social Services are involved, but thier job is to help and protect you all and they normally won't split families up unless they really have to.

I can see you have used the boards quite a bit, so you probably know your way round - but thought you might find this page useful. Make sure you check out the 'Next Steps' and 'Related Articles' boxes to the right of the page too.

Take care of yourself and keep posting :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It sounds like you've had a hard year, but sounds like your coping okay.
    I've had social services in my life too and it's a scary time, but no matter who you've lost or who you've got, family is family. You seem like a strong person, and i know being strong gets tiredsome at times, but that's what life is all about.
    I wish you the best xx