Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Winter is nearly upon us

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wow, it's hard to believe it's almost Winter (December 21). The years/months/weeks/days just blend together so quickly now, don't they? What are you doing this Winter? Also, share your favorite Winter memories here.

Comments

• Options
    I love fall and winter... if it weren't for the damn cold. It is just so pretty. My parentals got about 7 inches of snow the other week and should be getting that again in a few days. Nothing here yet, though.
  • Options
    I love winter. I love the dark nights and curling up in front of a fire with a book.

Though I don't like having to defrost my car in the mornings before work :yeees:
  • Options
    I can't wait for Winter because it means there will be a new season song on cbeebies.
  • Options
    I love warm, cosy winter nights and snow, and christmas and i HATE HATE HATE the cold!! Not looking forward to going home and having to drive to work cos my car has no heater at the moment
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    I can't wait for Winter because it means there will be a new season song on cbeebies.

:yippe:
  • Options
    I dont like the cold or the rain, so im not a winter fan
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »

I wonder what big round colourful blobs will appear this season for the kids to watch (and me)
  • Options
    I can't wait for more winter.. I'm not a big fan of daylight, or even the sun really.
  • Options
    What do you mean 'nearly'? It's bloody freezing in London.

I do love winter though. Summer can go whistle for all I care. Winter isy favourite season.
  • Options
    I know that the seasons start on the 21st of the month, but I always class them as being the 1st of the month. Like 1st December - it is already cold enough so it may as well be Winter. 1st March is already getting warm. 1st June and the days are almost at their longest. Then 1st September, like the flick of a light switch, the August heat wave ceases and you see your first ground frost.
  • Options
    I love winter. I love the dark nights and curling up in front of a fire with a book.

Me too. I like wrapping up warm.
  • Options
    I used to hate winter and love summer, now i hate the sun (not a lover of tanning) I am fairSkinned
    I love winter because i love all the lovely new knitwear that lines the shops shelves, Have the fire burning early eve curled up with a book, i love the excited chatter of my children talking about christmas, the first ground frost we had last week my daughter was soooo excited she thought it had snowed bless her then it was xmas songs all the way 2 school that morning, thats what winters all about and when it snows i pull them both along in their sledges super memories those are.
    Oh and i love cooking winter meals lol warm fluffy socks and pj's the list is endless x
  • Options
    Though I fucking loathe Christmas songs. Working in Tesco when I was 18 with the same double CD of Christmas songs on repeat for six weeks was enough for me.
  • Options
    I love the snow... but only because it means days off school... but then, I hate it when it melts, and it's all icy, and I can't leave my house >< x
  • Options
    Its always winter in Aberdeen. :( Its been snowing a few times already, and it was icey today.
  • Options
    I cant wait for this christmas because i get to go home and see my family and friends. am gonna hate the weather though and please god dont let it snow or be icy in janruary i need to get my flight back to england
  • Options
    it is reallly weird over here, being sunny but having Christmas ads with snow in them, i can't get used to it! (thou i'm sure i will when i get home in Jan...brrrr)
  • Options
    I love winter, mainly because i know that cold = Christmas which is my fave time of year :)

I will be seeing some friends and family and having a great big Christmas dinner ;)

I also cant wait to start Christmas shopping next weekend :)

But after New year the winter seems to drag on and i just want the sun to shine again. 2 months of winter would be great but it is more like 6 or 7 months of cold :(

Definately going somewhere hotter when older!!!!
  • Options
    I hate winter, fucking horrid season.

I like sun and hot weather. Sorry I have no nice winter memories :D