Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I have Pleura inflamation of the lungs Pleurisy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Woke up well, showered well, getting dressed and yikes a sudden onset of pain in the right side of my chest, with pain worse with deepbreaths.
Went keydoc and this is what he has diagnosed.
What i am wondering now thou is in an earlier thread i said i was havng tests for a vibration feeling i was getting in my left hand side where my heart is, had ecg that was ok
Had blood tests and these all were ok.
I am still waiting ,over 4 weeks now for my 24 cardio tape.
Last thing dr said on tues when i went to see bout the bloodtest results was she is chasing up the results but because they are not in it seems noting to be worried about , then she said sometimes a lung infection can sometimes cause a vibration, so have i had this all this time and why did no one think to look in2 this then or is it totally unrelated ? x

Comments

• Options
    Hi flowergirl,

How are things for you now - have you received the tape/info? These sound like the sort of questions you might be best off asking your doctor or nurse really - as we're not medically trained on here, people might be uncertain about how to reply.

There is some information about pleurisy here which might help, but for queries about specific problems and about procedures in your case, the people who treated you are probably those to ask.

Let us know how you get on :)
  • Options
    Hi,
    I am feeling much better now thanku, i rang the dr's and asked if it could all be connected and he said it could be or it might not b and i might never know lol, still have not had the cardio tape back yet.
    If anyone ever gets any chest pain and its sudden go to the dr's straight away, i nearley never and my hubbi was soooo cross with me for thinking i could just ignore it the pain was so intense, i never thought i could have had pleurisy and i would not wish it on anyway ouch!!
    I know it was maybe silly to post and ask advise i know your not dr's but i did'nt know if maybe anyone else had maybe experienced this.
    Hope everyone is ok x
  • Options
    Sudden and painful chest pain = ambulance
  • Options
    ^^ As opposed to the non painful kind of chest pain.