Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Teeth Whitening

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:d Ok, so i'm looking to have my teeth whitened...I'm a sucker for rose wine and cigarettes, so I need something that is quite strong/not too expensive/pain free/pretty cheap...any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    You can have your teeth whitened at your dentist, but if you keep consuming things that made your teeth yellowish in the first time, they will return to that colour rather quickly.

Other than that I can only recommend special toothpastes for this purpose. I am not sure about how good they are working, especially, once again, if you keep consuming things that dye your teeth.
  • Options
    Crest whitening strips, but give up the red wine and fags otherwise you're pissin' into the wind.
  • Options
    I have this tooth paste, and it's 4x whitening I think (I'll let you know what it's called when I next go and brush my teeth)
    And I brush my teeth 3 times a day, and they are pretty white :P I do smoke, but not much now as I am quieting. So maybe get some good toothpaste, and cut down on the cigs :)
    xx
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Take colgate, brush your teeth after every meal like me. then soon you should see it work get the extra strong one which can be found in your local supermarket Sainsbury Tesco and Asda and many more. Cut down on smokeing and as the others have said on things that will make your teeth yellow.
  • Options
    Theyre not even yellow at the moment, I just like the idea of having sparkly white teeth, thanks for the suggestions, was thinking about those crest strips but was wondering how good they were, my teeth are white I just want them whiter
  • Options
    Hiya my teeth have always been super white and like u wanted them a bit whiter, do no use crest strips they are rubbish and they can burn your gums.
    I had the trays which the dentist did 4 me in total it was 300 quid but soooo worth it loads of people always comment on how white my teeth are :d .
    My friend had the zoom at 500 quid her results are pretty crap and now she having the trays.
    I have tried most methods and the best way is the trays x
  • Options
    Thats what I was thinking about having were the dentist trays but ive heard that they can make your teeth super sensitive and painful for a day or two after, did you get that?
  • Options
    There's absolutely zero point in having your teeth whitened properly if you keep up with coloured wine and smoking - and any decent dentist should tell you that and advise against it.

A lot of tooth whitening techniques work by taking a thing layer off your teeth to remove the discoloration - obviously not good for teeth. If you're going to keep up the drinking and smoking then your best bet is minimum of twice daily brushing with standard whitening toothpaste. With a decent electric tooth brush.
  • Options
    Crest has a relatively new toothpaste called 3d vivid something or other. The commercials portray women drinking their red wine and coffee and tea on the days leading up to their wedding or a hot date with a dentist, and a commercial would never lie.

That is if you have crest. I read colegate and barfed a little, so fingers crossed for you ;)
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Crest whitening strips, but give up the red wine and fags otherwise you're pissin' into the wind.
    These, I bought some and tried them for a week. I cried in the pain the first 2 times I tried them. My teeth were already sensitive, but my god. They were even more sentive afterwards so only use them if your teeth are already okay. Don't buy a huge pack, just buy a weekly one for like £10 off eBay and give them a try. Don't over use them either.

You should go to your dentist too and speak to them. Also quit the wine and fags or reduce your use.
  • Options
    Hiya Yes they can get a bit of sensitivity mine was the next day after i had them in the nite b4 but the day after that completley fine, its worth a little , saying that my hubbi does it with No sensitivity, also it does not strip anything off your teeth my dentist explained it actually breaks down the stain so its completey safe, i have had about 3 other friends who have had trays with no problems and their teeth are beautiful go for it x
  • Options
    juice of half a lemon and about 1/4teaspoon of bicarbonate soda, rinse and brush lightly with soift brush..

dont do it too often as it will erode your nashers fast