Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Still miss him..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So..
I split up with my boyfriend of 4 months at the start of August. I split up with him, because he cheated on me with my (now ex) best friend.. who happened to be dating his TWIN BROTHER!

At the start of September, I met a new guy, and have been with him since. I do like him a lot, and I guess he likes me too, but I still think about my ex. I'd blocked the ex on facebook, so I couldn't look at his profile or anything.. but today, for some stupid stupid reason, I unblocked him.

He has a new girlfriend. And she is gorgeous. I know it shouldn't bother me, but it's really upset me and honestly? I feel kind of jealous. My current bloke is lovely and all, so I don't know why this has hurt me so much. But it has, I even ended up ringing my dad to cheer me up! And, as you may or may not know, he isn't exactly my favourite person in the world.

Any advice from anyone? I know it probably sounds pathetic and childish, but it has really upset me.
x

Comments

• Options
    Aww hun i know what you mean. I remember looking at my ex's facebook a while ago and seeing he had a new girlfriend and broke down in tears straight away, and even though its been 2 years now roughly i still think about him and miss him alot.
    I would suggest re-blocking him and just deleting him out of your life. I know the temptation to just see a picture of him is so strong but you have to resist and remember that anyone who loves you and actually cares about you would never cheat on you, ever. You did the right thing getting rid of him.
    Focus on your new bloke and enjoy the times you have with him :)
  • Options
    Thanks Lexi,
    I blocked the girl so I can't look at hers, but I can't block him again for 48 hours (stupid facebook!)

It's just the fact, that when he found out I had a new boyfriend he proper flipped... but he didn't mention his girlfriend! I haven't spoken to him for over a month, and I only rung him because there were rumours he'd cheated on me with other girls (although he never did tell me who they were.) When we split up, I sort of hoped we'd get back together a few months down the line.. and now I've realised that isn't going to happen, I'm just really down :(
    x
  • Options
    I think when people split like this there are so many unanswered questions and this is perhaps whats causing you to feel some attachment to your ex.

Anything you said to him when you found out (I guess) would be things said in the heat of the moment, and there isn't the 'cooling down' when a relationship runs its course 'naturally' and both individuals acknowledge that it has come to an end. Maybe some questions only came to you later and now the opportunity to ask them has passed.

The relationship ended suddenly and it wasn't for reasons which both of you accepted (in that it was your ex who cheated on you) and this perhaps has led you to feel so attached.

I guess what I'm trying to say in this muddle is that by the nature of what your ex did, he chose to end the relationship by getting with another girl and you hadn't thought of the relationship as over at that point.
  • Options
    I'm going through the same thing but opposite genders of course since I am a guy. I really do love this one girl and her and i went out and well she blocked me on facebook and well I'm trying to talk with her since she is single but somehow she isn't really wanting me back. I believe she does but she doesn't wanna bring out a weakness in herself since she doesn't wanna get hurt again. I really don't believe her.

In your view I believe if he tries to talk to you let him. If he did love you and well cheat cuz of accident he would regret it for the rest of his life. Guys are kinda like girls in the thought since. You never know unless you confront him about it.
  • Options
    Haha, I haven't spoken to him for months. He cheated on me with my BEST FRIEND, who was going out with his twin brother. I don't think you can have sex with someone else "by accident" :L x
  • Options
    hello

I can kind of relate to you I've been broken up with my ex for just over a year now and I'm not really over it though I have met a new guy our relationship hasn't been great maybe if it had I wouldn't think about my ex so much. I'm not sure if it' him I'm not over or if I'm just not over how much he hurt me if that makes sense...

when I was with my ex he never told his friends or family about me (I was with him for two years) he had a close friend who I knew aswell as we all went to school together and she always fancied him. he would always deny that he had feelings for her but I always had my suspciens) eventually we broke up as we had both had enough of the arguments) he ended up going to V festival and he took this girl along with him. when he got back we met up and I asked him if he was now seeing this girl to which he replied no and that he still loves me so I slept with him as I thought we were getting back together anyway a few days later I logged onto MSN and saw her screen name was I love my man I knew straight away it was him.. so I confronted him and he told me... when I told her he spent the night with me she didn't believe me and he says he will never tell her. as people think I lied I've lost a few friends.

a year on I look on her facebook page and they are so happy she has met his friends and family and been on holiday together I was lucky to see him once a week. everytime I look at the page I just wanna cry and I think why wasn't I good enough I've tried making contact with him but he doesn't wanna know I've got upset just writting this I hope for all our sakes it won't always hurt

Hazal :-)
  • Options
    *hugs*
    Thanks for you reply Hazal, maybe you should consider blocking them on facebook so you can't see them? x