Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

will i be single forever? :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hmm basically i feel that i will be single forever due to the fact that i'm nearly 20 years old and my longest relationship was 4 months which when you think about it is nothing!

my last relationship only lasted 3 weeks :( and like past relationships we thought it was better for us to be just friends

i'm afraid that i will never find a guy, settle dwn and have a family. oh how i dream of having that guy who i can grow old with!

but i really dnt think i will ever find anyone :(

:heart:

Comments

• Options
    You're 19. Not 59. You really shouldn't be worrying about such things at your age.

Think about job, education and career before fucking it all up by having a major relationship.

That is all.
  • Options
    I think this isn't something to rush, it will come, very few people in the world will spend the life alone.

It will come, do not force it, or concentrate on it, it will happen when it is suppose to miss. your lovely and young, just enjoy life for what it is, try not to force these things, I mad that mistake before and it caused me problems.
  • Options
    Stop worrying there is plenty of time for u to meet mr right :d .
    Go out and have some fun first x
  • Options
    EAB_x wrote: »
    my last relationship only lasted 3 weeks

Is that even a relationship ? I don't mean that in a negative way, but are you putting all your experiences with men under the banner of 'relationship' when you barely know these people. Of course it's subjective (think that the word that i mean) when people think a relationship starts, but myself, i wouldn't consider meeting someone then deciding to be friends 3 weeks later ending a relationship.

If you're doing this maybe that's what you're getting down about it all, saying thinking you have all these 'failed relationships' when in fact your just doing what millions of us have and are still doing, meeting people, going steady for a bit, then one or other of them realising it's not for them.

Go out, have fun, have lots and lots of sex ( safely please :) )with men with ernomous................................wallets :D and enjoy it. Do it now while you can and not regret losing this time to have some Fun, with a capital F.
  • Options
    I understand how you feel...

What do you think you might have done wrong in the past? Try not to feel guilty, just rethink what you did so you don't repeat it in the future. Maybe it's just that you chose the wrong couple.
    *hug*
  • Options
    Think of it this way, for every guy you've chosen to be with and it didnt work out, think about why and learn from this so you dont choose the same type of guy again. Also you're that many guys closer to finding the right one
  • Options
    I know how you feel, I'm only a year older than you and due to being screwed over and hurt by every single guy I've ever been involved with, I do sometimes wonder 'shit...is it actually ever going to happen for me?' especially when friends around me are getting engaged, talking about kids or go from relationship to relationship quite easily but are always very happy. You do sometimes feel like there's something wrong with you. I just figured I have bad taste in men, and I'm not going to bother with them for a while. I've got more important things to worry about. Don't let it rule your life, it's really not important right now.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I know how you feel, I'm only a year older than you and due to being screwed over and hurt by every single guy I've ever been involved with, I do sometimes wonder 'shit...is it actually ever going to happen for me?' especially when friends around me are getting engaged, talking about kids or go from relationship to relationship quite easily but are always very happy. You do sometimes feel like there's something wrong with you. I just figured I have bad taste in men, and I'm not going to bother with them for a while. I've got more important things to worry about. Don't let it rule your life, it's really not important right now.

I feel this way as well. Ive been single for just over a year now because after my last relationship i just couldnt be bothered with men anymore and couldnt take anymore heartbreak. Ive had offers but havent found anyone i click with, and for now im happy being single but do wonder if it will ever happen again - it doesnt feel like it will cos i just cant imagine having that feeling ever again.

People keep telling it will happen but meh, i dunno, i dont really believe them. Just remember, a relationship is not the most important thing in the world. Focus on the good aspects of your life, your friends, family, work, school/college whatever and remember that you have so many other things to be grateful for.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I feel this way as well. Ive been single for just over a year now because after my last relationship i just couldnt be bothered with men anymore and couldnt take anymore heartbreak. Ive had offers but havent found anyone i click with, and for now im happy being single but do wonder if it will ever happen again - it doesnt feel like it will cos i just cant imagine having that feeling ever again.

People keep telling it will happen but meh, i dunno, i dont really believe them. Just remember, a relationship is not the most important thing in the world. Focus on the good aspects of your life, your friends, family, work, school/college whatever and remember that you have so many other things to be grateful for.

:yes: I've been single for over 2 1/2 years now...I've been 'seeing' guys but it never materialises, they always clear off and get with someone else. I just can't imagine having the same feeling of happiness I did when I was with my first boyfriend, we we're together over 2 years and I haven't been in another relationship since. Everyone (usually those already in a relationship or just haven't been in this position :banghead: ) says it will happen again but you're just like 'humph, easy for you to say'. I just can't imagine finding someone that I'll connect with and make me happy in that kind of way again. :( oh well....it gives me time to completely focus on myself while I finish uni and get my life in order....no man to distract me or hold me back :D
  • Options
    Hehe least we have TheSite where we can sit and reel off our identical single lives to each other :D
  • Options
    Haha, it's nice to know I'm not the only one :)
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    I think this isn't something to rush, it will come, very few people in the world will spend the life alone.

It will come, do not force it, or concentrate on it, it will happen when it is suppose to miss. your lovely and young, just enjoy life for what it is, try not to force these things, I mad that mistake before and it caused me problems.

thanks Hellfire :D
  • Options

yeah i feel the same tbh, everyone keeps tellin me dnt worry u'll find sum1 but i dnt think i will
  • Options
    Yes you will. Don't worry about it. I'm 26 and have been single for 4 years. Do I worry about it? No. Not in the slightest.
  • Options
    Hehe least we have TheSite where we can sit and reel off our identical single lives to each other :D

:thumb: Amen to that!
  • Options
    19 is faaaar too young to be worrying and thinking like that! Just get on with life and have some fun! x
  • Options
    Nicole25 wrote: »
    19 is faaaar too young to be worrying and thinking like that! Just get on with life and have some fun! x

yeaah i'm startin to think tht now, especially frm wat my ex was sayin too me last night haha!
  • Options
    EAB_x wrote: »
    yeaah i'm startin to think tht now, especially frm wat my ex was sayin too me last night haha!

and what was that miss? Im curious, lol
  • Options
    hi

I think many people have thought simular if not the same thoughts as you I'm 23 and the thought has crossed my mind a few times and I know it doesn't really make you feel better when people say you are young you'll meet someone though that maybe true it doesn't really make you feel better (people have said simular to me) I have had 3 long term relationships all ending badly the guys then move on to their next relationship and all three are now engagged to new girls so doesn't make me feel great

I don't think I'll ever meet anyone but you just learn to get on with things there's more to life then being in a relationship I'm sure you will meet someone your nearly 20 you probablly haven't met half the people you are gonna meet out in the big wide world enjoy life and discovering who you are when that's all worked out Mr right will come along when you least expect it

Hazal
  • Options
    That thought often crossed my mind that no one will ever want to settle down with me.
    You just have to try and put it into perspective. Some couples meet and get together after a one off chance of bumping into each other. For example, my parents met at a house party they both went to, where both knew different housemates; so if one of them hadn't have gone, that one time, their paths wouldn't have crossed and I wouldn't be here telling you this! It's not a rare story either according to friends parents stories.
    So just keep going out to events and eventually you will find someone- probably when you stop looking!
  • Options
    been a while since i was on but got really great news!

i have found the most prefect guy EVER! we have been to gether since 23rd July 2011, got engaged on Valentines Day and we have our own wee house :D
  • Options
    That's great news :)
  • Options