Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Through what state health board should animal massage be regulated?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Many states are facing the issue of regulating animal massage. The big question in most discussions is who should maintain the regulatory authority over any certifcation or licensure that these professionals obtain. Some believe it should be regulated through the Board of Veterinary Medicine and some through the Board of Massage Therapy within each respective state. Any additional or supporting thoughts?

NOx edge

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well since most of the users on these boards are from the UK, I don't think we can really comment that much on it.

However to me it would make sense to have it regulated by a vetinary board, as I'm pretty sure a massage board would be in relation to humans alone?

I call spam tbh.
    I don't want anyone regulating how I massage my animal.
    I don't want anyone regulating how I massage my animal.
    :eek:

What do you think this is, New Zealand? :mad: ;)

On second thoughts, perhaps the OP had the very subject of animal love in mind. In certain states (Washington is one of them IIRC) furry love is permitted.
    Am I a terrible person if I say I couldn't give a shit about this? This is Spartist satire taken to the nth degree yeah?
    I stroke my dog on a regular basis...