Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

If Anyone Fancies Giving Some Feedback On Some Poetry/Lyrics...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Then it would be very much appreciated :D I know a lot of it is very bleak, sad stuff. I recognize that some of it is cliché. But I'm vain enough to allow myself the belief that there's perhaps some slight merit in SOME of it. So yeah I have a site up, and if anyone fancies browsing through what I've got on there and giving some feedback then it would be really kind of you guys.

http://justafewlyrics.blogspot.com/

Not asking you to read all fifty haha, but if you are going to read some then please if possible don't just read say the first three - have a look at some of my older stuff and the stuff in between too please :) I'm both nervous and excited at seeing what feedback people have to offer and look forward with trepidation to any replies on here :hyper: Cheers guys!

Comments

• Options
    I think that their good, no real song structure which isn't necessarily a bad thing, But I think that this makes them more poems than lyrics

Also, I think that Unnamed baby is a tad out of order as its basically assuming that all aborted babies are concived because of carelessness;"You’re a murder victim of stupidity and lack of care", what about victiums of rape or people whos contraception didn't work? aye?

Sure, some people need muses and that was yours I just think that you need to be a bit more sensitive about certain topics

Other than that nice work
  • Options
    Thanks very much for the feedback man - really really appreciate it :) Yeah I think I can accept now that they're more poetry, started out trying to write them as songs but I don't have a musical enough mind for it really.

As for Unnamed Baby, I understand your point. It's a very personal one for me, I was very angry at the time of writing. Doesn't reflect my views on abortion in general, as I consider myself pro-choice for the most part, but more on an individual matter I was involved in that formed the basis for that particular poem; a matter where I DO think that line (though harsh) is fair.
  • Options
    fair enough,
    I've read a few more and I kinda think that some of them are more spoke word (sort of like poetry but a mix of rap and poetry, look up polar bear on youtube)