Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Best Decade Of Music

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Doesn't matter what genre you listen to, I just want to know, which decade do you believe had the best music?
I know it is a broad question in the sense that every decade was unique in its own way, but which one stood out the most for you?
IMO, 90's music > Today's music.
Second would be '80s.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    60's and 90's in my opinion, there are some good bands around at the moment though. I'm loving The Wombats "Tokyo" :)

Please, for the love of god, if you haven't already; listen to The Kinks.
    For me its gotta be the 50s and then the 70s teddy boy rock n roll revival!
    00s, stuff like ADTR, FYS, Adept, Alexisonfire
    Can't get much better than this, though there is some utter shite around this time as well...so its awesome in some respects and crabollocks (mixture of crap and bollocks) in others
    Deffo the 90s when the chart was mostly dance vs indie. Sure, there were a few boy bands (Take That / East 17 / Boyzone). However, such bands were few enough to appreciate their differences, even though I wasn't keen on teen/boy bands.

First nail in the coffin was the 1996 Take That split, which instantly prompted an upsurge of boy bands.

Second nail in the coffin were the likes of Christina Aguilera and Westlife in 1999.

Final nail in the coffin was 2001's "Popstars" series and subsequent talent shows. Then the so-called R n B music that cheese DJs like to pass as "dance" music.

Oh, and being mainly a dance music kid myself, I blame DJ Sammy for killing dance music in 2002 :p
    Pleased to see there's a lot of love for the 90's. I think 90's and 60's personally - Dylan, Blur, Stone Roses and many others fit into those categories. But I also think people never give enough credit to the here and now, because if you look for it; the range of music available to any one of us is greater than its ever been and there's some really great music being produced.