Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hairdressers tomorrow - what do I do?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I landed a great discount on a cut/restyle and colour and the appointment is tomorrow afternoon.

I'd like to do something really different and edgy with my hair, but the trouble is it's naturally curly and it's really hard to find a strong look with a mass of traditionally 'romantic' curls on your head!

The hair around my face is much more curly than the rest of it, and at the back underneath it's only just wavy. I tend to find the crown of my head looks quite flat when I see myself in profile.... I've put up a pic of how it looks now - any ideas on both cut and colour would be greatly appreciated! Am willing to do most things except go really short.

Thanks!
hair.JPG 491.3K

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    i like lea's suggestion! i think it would suit :)

have to say, i am EXTREMELY jealous of your curly hair, it's gorgeous!
  • Options
    I love your hair 2!! If u want edgy i would just have a few layers give it omph then i would apply to yours a ginger soft quiet light colour thats edgy and it would be really vibrant cus u have blonde hair to start with. let us know what u end up having done !!!
  • Options
    How did it go? Hope you're happy with it :)

I find the haridresser somewhat traumatic too but I'm getting better a speaking up when I think they're getting carrried away!
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions (and compliments! :heart: ) guys - I HATE going to the hairdressers! There's something incredibly intimate for me about having someone else wash your hair; it's a really sensual experience that I'd usually only allow a partner to do. So when it's a squawky 16 year old telling you about the time she fell over in the street after one too many blue WKDs, it feels a bit like headrape.... and then you have to sit still and stare at yourself in the mirror for hours? Hell in handcart.

I wound up with some short layers put in around the crown of my head which has really lifted it and given it some oomph, and a graduated sweepy bit around the front (not quite a fringe as my hair's too curly, but I can do the Jessica Rabbit/Brigitte Bardot peeking out from behind the hair thing now), and then lots of warmer honey and hazelnut highlights put through it to 'autumn me up'. It's not hugely different but it at least gives me some versatility in how I wear my hair. Will post a pic when I can find my camera :thumb:
  • Options
    You make it sound like a science.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    You make it sound like a science.

With my hair it is a science.... if it's not science it ends up looking like it belongs in the Saatchi gallery - and that's not the kind of art you want on top of your head! ;)
  • Options
    I love getting my hair washed at the hairdressers.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I love getting my hair washed at the hairdressers.

Ohh me too especially when they give you a head massage :thumb: I love people just messing with my hair though :)

One salon I went to even had massage chairs...most relaxing thing ever!
  • Options
    sounds pretty :) post a pic soon!

i hate going to the hairdressers too. i know it's good customer service to chat but i find it really embarassing when they ask questions that you know they dont give a shit about. i always get asked if i'm at college. err no. then my age. 'REALLAYYY?' oh jesus. same thing everytime