Home Politics & Debate

He'll be back in court soon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11727784

I'm not going to jump on the PC bandwagon about him hitting a woman, as I say violence against anyone is deplorable but what the hell is the judge thinking? How many more people will he have to spark out before he gets jailed? Mind you, if he can time his fights properly perhaps he can carry on beating people up and miss jail altogether.

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welcome to justice, UK style. Prison is unfashionable, and magistrates, being middle/upper class public school boys hand out punishments that would frighten a middle/upper class public school boy.

    The bloke is a piece of violent scum, but the magistrate obviously cares more about his career than the safety of the public.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe the judge thought it will actually be more of a punishment to let this scum get taken apart by Wladamir Klitschko? Let's hope he's the type of fella who really hates men hitting women.

    But yeah, fucking disgrace of a sentence to not even have a prison sentence. And actually, I do think it makes a difference that you're talking about a heavyweight boxer, and presumably a woman (or anyone) half his size. I do think assaulting someone you know is physically incapable of defending themselves against you is far worse than assaulting someone in a fight generally. Nor do I see anything in this situation that wouldn't suggest that he's likely to do it again. What happens next time a girlfriend gets a text off a man? Probably the same result.

    Oh, Jesus Christ, I've just read that he's got previous. How the hell can this man be allowed to walk free after assaulting a police officer, carrying an offensive weapon, and now this?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh, Jesus Christ, I've just read that he's got previous. How the hell can this man be allowed to walk free after assaulting a police officer, carrying an offensive weapon, and now this?

    Because the "justice" system in this country is a fucking shambles. Rape victims who are too scared/confused to stand in court are imprisoned whilst violent pyschos like the above go free.

    There needs to be an overhaul, magistrates and judges need to be subject to the same life, trials and tribulations as the rest of us. That way when they see a burglar, or in this case a wife beater, in front of them for the umpteenth time they might be tempted to impose a proper sentence rather than letting them walk free and subjecting another innocent person to their crimes.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Respectful martial arts and boxing > strapping gloves on thugs and shoving them in the ring.
    Boxing promoter Frank Warren was in court and handed the judge a letter vouching for Chisora.

    I think this Derek Chisora should be in prison, if not for this crime then for his previous crimes, and this boxing promoter should lose his job.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11727784

    I'm not going to jump on the PC bandwagon about him hitting a woman, as I say violence against anyone is deplorable but what the hell is the judge thinking? How many more people will he have to spark out before he gets jailed? Mind you, if he can time his fights properly perhaps he can carry on beating people up and miss jail altogether.

    She was cheating/flirting with another man so he gave her bottom a slap?

    What's up, bro?

    :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it's not the first time he's done it
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    She was cheating/flirting with another man so he gave her bottom a slap?

    What's up, bro?

    :confused:

    "he gave her bottom a slap"?! Have you actually read the article? The man clearly has a problem with violence. He's a cock and deserves to be inside.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whowhere wrote: »
    it's not the first time he's done it

    It's not the first time he's done what, slap a woman's botty because she was naughty?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    It's not the first time he's done what, slap a woman's botty because she was naughty?

    No, its not the first time he's assaulted someone and won't be the last. Nice to see where you stand on the issue of domestic violence.
  • **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Listening Ear
    Spliffie wrote: »
    It's not the first time he's done what, slap a woman's botty because she was naughty?

    Domestic violence is a serious issue, so please try to avoid making light of it. If you have a serious point to make then that's fine, would be cool to hear it, but it's difficult to respond when we're not really sure where you stand.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    IIRC, didn't the cunt break her jaw ?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    **helen** wrote: »
    Domestic violence is a serious issue, so please try to avoid making light of it. If you have a serious point to make then that's fine, would be cool to hear it, but it's difficult to respond when we're not really sure where you stand.

    My point is the article makes no mention of him knocking anyone out or detailing a history of serious violence, only that he pushed his wife onto the bed and spanked her bottom after he found out she was cheating. I don't know much about the guy's personal life so have only that article on which to base an opinion, and my opinion is that hysteria and incredulity he wasn't sent to jail is just a tad OTT. If it was a woman who pushed her husband over and spanked him I just can't see the same reaction, in fact "YOU GO GIRL!!!" would be the general sentiment, whether explicitly stated or not.

    Where do I stand on this issue? Nowhere in particular, I'm not going to get myself worked up into a fuss if a married woman cheats on her husband , nor am I going to get myself worked up into a fuss if her husband spanks her buttocks when he finds out. I just don't feel the need. If he was to have beaten her up over a trivial issue my view would be different.

    I hope this provides some clarification :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A little bit more to that story Spliffie. He actually slapped her face, grabbed her, threw her onto the bed and then spanked her.

    Now, even without the slapping, grabbing and throwing there is a good case for this to be defined as assault. Certainly the CPS, jury and judge figured it was enough for a conviction.

    Spanking without consent is assault. End of story. Anyone who knows anything about domestic violence knows that part of the abuse is humiliation and spanking falls into that category too.

    As an aside Chisora has previous for violence and offensive weapons.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And what's your point here?

    Did someone deny that spanking without consent is assault?

    Of course, spanking her was no doubt to humiliate her, but its interesting you make no mention of the fact he'd just found out she was cheating on him and instead seem to presume/imply she was abused and humiliated throughout their relationship as opposed to one incident promoted by the discovery of her infidelity.

    Would people be getting their knickers in such a twist if a woman had done this to her husband? Somehow, I think not - as I've said, the sentiment quite obviously would be ha ha ha, you go girl, the bastard deserved it. There's an evident double standard here and one to which you apparently subscribe.

    People should try to keep this case in perspective, although for some it's obvious that the temptation of self-righteous outrage is just too much to handle.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    And what's your point here?

    Did someone deny that spanking without consent is assault?

    Someone, seemed to make light of it:
    Spliffie wrote:
    She was cheating/flirting with another man so he gave her bottom a slap?

    What's up, bro?

    So, you accept that he assaulted her?

    Of course, spanking her was no doubt to humiliate her, but its interesting you make no mention of the fact he'd just found out she was cheating on him and instead seem to presume/imply she was abused and humiliated throughout their relationship as opposed to one incident promoted by the discovery of her infidelity.

    1. Is that relevant then?
    2. He believed that she'd been cheating because he found a txt from a bloke with the word "babe" in it. Conclusive evidence?
    3. He has a history of violence, so it's hardly a "one off" is it?

    Would people be getting their knickers in such a twist if a woman had done this to her husband? Somehow, I think not - as I've said, the sentiment here quite obviously would be ha ha ha, you go girl, the bastard deserved it. There's an evident double standard here and one to which you apparently subscribe.

    Domestic violence is domestic violence. There can be no defence for it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    Someone, seemed to make light of it:


    So, you accept that he assaulted her?

    Actually, it was more of an attempt to provoke some further hysteria as opposed to making light of it - not that "making light of it" in any way would logically imply that spanking or slapping without consent isn't legally defined as assault.
    1. Is that relevant then?

    Err...yes it is relevent - are you saying motivation and provocation aren't considered by judges? Women have got off with premeditated murder bysimply claiming, without substantiation, that their husbands were abusive and they reached "breaking point" despite their own family contradicting them, eg. Sara Thornton.
    2. He believed that she'd been cheating because he found a txt from a bloke with the word "babe" in it. Conclusive evidence?

    Do you know the content of the messages?
    3. He has a history of violence, so it's hardly a "one off" is it?

    Does he have a history of violence against her? If not, your presumption is specious to say the least.

    Domestic violence is domestic violence. There can be no defence for it.

    Except when its women who are the violent party, there is always a defence for that :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    Except when its women who are the violent party, there is always a defence for that :thumb:

    Such as? There is never an excuse for violence.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im with Mok and the others on this one. Whether it was a one off in their relationship, or she actually was cheating thats no excuse for violence. Also, slapping a womans bum without her consent and out of a sexual/playful situation is assualting and humiliating. He has no right to 'punish' her like that. Ok, we dont know if she was vindictive or manipulative to provoke him but even so thats not acceptable.

    Also, it wouldnt be acceptable either for a woman to do it to a man
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Melian wrote: »
    Such as? There is never an excuse for violence.

    Such as he's a selfish bastard, a cheating bastard or a drunken violent bastard.

    There is never an excuse for violence? What about self-defence?

    I'm against violence towards women, self-defence aside, as most men are but have no problem with violence against other men to defend personal honour and such like. You might disagree with this as well, but you should understand your disagreement is nothing but a subjective opinion and you are no more "right" or "wrong" than anyone else.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    What about self-defence?

    But it wasnt self defence in this instance so thats not relevant here
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    But it wasnt self defence in this instance so thats not relevant here
    Originally Posted by Melian View Post
    Such as? There is never an excuse for violence.

    No reference to this case, only a statement about violence in general, so the only irrelevence here is your post.

    *hug*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    but you should understand your disagreement is nothing but a subjective opinion and you are no more "right" or "wrong" than anyone else.

    where have I said that?:confused:
Sign In or Register to comment.