Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Effexor and cutting down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just to keep everyone updated on my two year long struggle to withdraw from this bastard drug!!

I've now gone from 75mg down to 20mg with no adverse effects! :D

I found this cool method on t'ínternets which basically tells you to measure a line out on a bit of paper (75mg = 3.75 inch line) dump the meds along the line and split it up. It's been working really well!

I bought some empty gel capsules and have been splitting the original capsules, measuring and then using a filter to put the contents into a new capsule.

the only effects so far have been a slight increase in anxiety sometimes, but this is totally controllable.

I think the struggle will be >10mg. I still get severe hot/cold chills and dizziness and diarrhoea when i miss a dose :/

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good luck. I've been on it before and coming off it wasn't easy!
    Hi Skakitty,

Good to hear that it's working out for cutting down on your medication. The only thing that we would advise, is to run it by your Doctor to check that how you are reducing is safe for you. Although, ultimately you know your body and what works for you - just keep an eye on how you are feeling and be sure to get some medical advice if you notice any adverse affects.

Take care and keep posting - :)
    still going..

I'm now on 15mg, haven't cut down much but i'm doing good on this dose, just a slight panicky feeling in the evenings (specifically between 3pm-7pm :eek2: weird.) It feels like when i get low blood sugar, kinda shakey- but i've eaten and tested that.. nope, still get the feeling. Oh well- not too bad so far! xx