Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

awkward

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive broken up with my boyfriend cos i was scared and trapped. he wanted to eb with me all the time and i couldnt handle it, i dont feel much if naything sexual for him. i want to be friends, cos i love him so much as a friend but how do i get round the awkward atmosphere that having been together has left?

Comments

• Options
    I think you have to give him a bit of time. I wouldn't rush into the whole 'Lets still be friends' thing cos he may still be hurting and he may not be ready to accept that transition of things. That's what I would do. Hope things work out for you. xxx:)
  • Options
    I can't see you being friends after this if he really did love you, Just ain't going to happen. You can only hope in time you can be mates but I doubt your ever be that close again.

I guess you not said how long you relationship lasted, if it was only a few months you got a chance of rebuilding the whole "lets be friends" routine, but as go_away said it will take time.