Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I told him I might break up with him

He knows I meeting other guys. I actually want like a casual relationship. So, if it does happen, I will have to break things off. I wont cheat.

The reason it might get complicated because I'm helping him financially.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello luvsmusiccm,

Being involved financially with someone can make things difficult, you're right. Would you still want to help him if you broke up? Is this part of the reason that you haven't already ended things perhaps? If someone is relying on you it makes it a lot harder to walk away but in the long run if that's what you want then it will be for the best for both of you.

From what little you've said it does sound like you're looking for something else now. Maybe it would help to think about it as if the situation was reversed? Would you want someone to stay with you that was meeting other people and thinking about leaving.

You need to do what makes you happy but also try and be honest with your boyfriend and not let things drag on if it's not what you really want..

Take care and all the best with whatever you decide :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Hello luvsmusiccm,

Being involved financially with someone can make things difficult, you're right. Would you still want to help him if you broke up? Is this part of the reason that you haven't already ended things perhaps? If someone is relying on you it makes it a lot harder to walk away but in the long run if that's what you want then it will be for the best for both of you.

From what little you've said it does sound like you're looking for something else now. Maybe it would help to think about it as if the situation was reversed? Would you want someone to stay with you that was meeting other people and thinking about leaving.

You need to do what makes you happy but also try and be honest with your boyfriend and not let things drag on if it's not what you really want..

Take care and all the best with whatever you decide :)

oh, he's not a boyfriend. It's a "FWB" kind of deal. We were close friends before it turned sexual and I just want to end it for various of reasons