Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why don't men text you back?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pokerstar wrote: »
    If I like a girl i will txt back pretty much straight away and go out of my way to do so.

If it's a girl i'm not really too bothered about i'll read it then just wait until nothin is happenin or i'm really bored then reply.

If guys like you they reply very fast lol

I'm not sure I neccessarily believe that...at least I hope I don't!!

GB x
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Utter BS.

I reply to alot of my friends straight away, does that mean I want jump all of my friends?

Exactly. I sometimes reply straight away to people (such as if I've text them and still have my phone on) and it has nothing to do with liking them - it's because I'm not busy. If I'm busy, then I will reply when I have 2 minutes.
  • Options
    I never bother to reply to anyone unless it's actually about something like 'shall I meet you here at this time?' rather than 'heyy. hows you?'. If they're that bothered how I am they can call me or come see me.

The not replying to his texts drives my increasingly paranoid and worryingly mad boyfriend mental though. Sometimes I don't reply to wind him up.
  • Options
    This is one of those topics that makes me feel like I am a totally different generation to some users here, although I'm sure I'm not. Texting is a generally rubbish way of communicating with no real expression or feeling. Even on the phone its only about 1/10th as good as speaking in person. If you care about someone phone them, or better yet spend time with them.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    This is one of those topics that makes me feel like I am a totally different generation to some users here, although I'm sure I'm not. Texting is a generally rubbish way of communicating with no real expression or feeling. Even on the phone its only about 1/10th as good as speaking in person. If you care about someone phone them, or better yet spend time with them.

I don't really know him well enough to just randomly phone him up. A text is just safer. Call me a coward, call me an idiot, but that' just the way I feel!

GB x
  • Options
    I don't really know him well enough to just randomly phone him up. A text is just safer. Call me a coward, call me an idiot, but that' just the way I feel!

GB x

I'm the same, I recently called a friend for some advice, never called them on the phone before and I was a lil scared,,I love talking on the phone, but hate making the call. Incase I'm bothering them or something.
  • Options
    I'm the same, I recently called a friend for some advice, never called them on the phone before and I was a lil scared,,I love talking on the phone, but hate making the call. Incase I'm bothering them or something.

Totally agree!
  • Options
    See, I love meeting new people, making friends but it stems down to, over text and else where, to being scared n paranoid... aswell as big time shy..
  • Options
    OP - maybe you're being extremely needy and clingy? Texting him every hour on the hour? That's what would make me ignore a woman's texts.
  • Options
    OP - maybe you're being extremely needy and clingy? Texting him every hour on the hour? That's what would make me ignore a woman's texts.

Agreed.
  • Options

They are a close enough friend you're asking for advice, but you feel strange phoning them? How odd if you don't mind me saying.
  • Options

God no, it wasn't like that. I text him at 9.45am one morning and he didn't text me back until 7pm. I'm just not used to people not texting me back for so long. I would never constantly text. If I don't get a reply, I don't text again usually until I do because I totally don't want to come over as being needy.

I think it's because I had an ex who treated me really badly and just never bothered with me and ignored me and it makes me very nervous when someone who claims to be interested in you and wants to get to know you then just ignores you. But I totally get that it can be because they just can't text.
  • Options
    Not wanting to paraphrase a crappy chick flick, but maybe he's just not that in to you.
  • Options
    Not wanting to paraphrase a crappy chick flick, but maybe he's just not that in to you.

Or maybe just playing hard to get :chin:
  • Options
    Well yeah that's possible.

I'm just going on my own feelings of what I'd do in this situation. I've never been one for playing stupid games so I don't do the "hard to get" crap. To be honest if I was getting a titful of a woman texting me I'd be honest and just tell her (as gently as possible of course) but then again loads of my mates are the type who would just ignore her.
  • Options
    Yeah, this ^^^

What's the point of "Hard to get"?
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    Yeah, this ^^^

What's the point of "Hard to get"?

I agree, i dont see the point at all, its just a waste of time.

As with all things, only time will tell what will happen between you two so you just have to wait it out im afraid, no point guessing until you know for sure
  • Options
    I still think the title is misleading, equally could ask why don't women text you back.

I think it is down to the person you are waiting for a reply from, not their sex. Equally it involves not being obsessed with your phone.
  • Options
    I definately pity anyone who has to get in touch with me, I leave my phone on silent in the other room all the time, so half the time dont know about texts until i finally get off my arse and try and find my phone. Seriously, its not that a big a deal, the great thing about texts is, if someone wants to reply, they can whenever they get the chance. If you are still getting responses, dont worry!
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I still think the title is misleading, equally could ask why don't women text you back.

I think it is down to the person you are waiting for a reply from, not their sex. Equally it involves not being obsessed with your phone.

True, but I was ranting hence the gender specific!!
  • Options
    I reply to texts quickly when its a organizing type thing, when i have my phone near me! i'm one of those people that constantly 'loses' their phone and has to get people to call it to find it! 80% of my texts contain the words 'sorry for the late reply' LOL
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »

:yes: I'm not glued to my phone and so anyone who textxs me, generally has to wait.
  • Options
    I guess in this age of super technology, we've just become impatient!! :D
  • Options
    I guess in this age of super technology, we've just become impatient!! :D

Haha that reminds me. When I had a girlfriend in the mid90s, generally before people had mobiles, I would get impatient if Royal Mail delivered a love letter 1 day too late :lol: