Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Personal tutors (and the PM)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I don't think it matters if the PMs kids have private tutors, lots of my mates did, and I went to a state school which was one of the best in the area.
They aren't hired because the kids aren't learning enough at school, they're hired because the kids aren't picking the work up fast enough, don't understand the work or their parents want them to get the very very best exam grades.
I don't think the PM is slating state education by hiring private tutors, I just think he is supplementing his children's education. Also, has anyone stopped to consider that perhaps his kids a re a bit 'slow' and need extra help because, to be blunt, they're a bit think?! ;)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Personal tutors (and the PM)
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I don't think it matters if the PMs kids have private tutors, lots of my mates did, and I went to a state school which was one of the best in the area.
    They aren't hired because the kids aren't learning enough at school, they're hired because the kids aren't picking the work up fast enough, don't understand the work or their parents want them to get the very very best exam grades.
    I don't think the PM is slating state education by hiring private tutors, I just think he is supplementing his children's education. Also, has anyone stopped to consider that perhaps his kids a re a bit 'slow' and need extra help because, to be blunt, they're a bit think?! ;)

Hmmm... The chances of them being thick? Their dad is the Prime Minister and their mother is one of the best QC's around.. Chances = 0.1%.

I don't think they're thick, just that they need a little help to get top grades.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well just to sit on this sharp fence, I agree with both of you, I see noting wron with it, why cant a dad try for the best for his children, and why should it effect his ability to do his job.