Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Combined Pill? help please :) !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey i was wondering if you could help me ... ive recently started taking the combined pill about hmmm 4days ago, in the leaflet i got with it, it said that it would work straight away but my gp said that i need to wait 2weeks before i can have sex without using condoms i was just wondering do you think i should wait or will it be working now?

Also! this may seem a bit daft bit im a bit of a worrier and just want to be safe, but since i started taking the pill ive took at the exact same time each day but today i was like 10mins late from taking it at my usual time will this have any effect :/ ? sorry if it seems daft i just want to make sure im taking it how i should be

Thanks in advance! x x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would go by what your doctor says and wait the 2 weeks.

As for the time thing - 10 mins is fine, i usually make sure i take it within a few hours of my normal time if i cant take it when i usually do. The general rule is if you take it 12 hours or more late then you need to use a condom for the next week as you wont be protected. 10 mins is perfectly fine :)