Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fake blood recipes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a halloween party on wednesday and I'm going as a bloody/zombie nurse. After searching everywhere in town today I couldn't find any decent fake blood so decided to make my own. Anyone know any good easy recipes for making fake blood? The more realistic the better! Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Red food colouring, water and a bit of cornflour?
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah, just experiment. Look it up on google. In particular, look for film-making websites, because they usually know how to do it properly.

Add a bit of chocolate sauce to the mixture above. One of the main mistakes people make is making the blood look too bright, which makes it look fake. Real blood has a slight brown tone and is darker than red food colouring will be.

Here's a few different recipes.

ETA: snap!
  • Options
    Halloween Blood and Food Colours

Hi guys, I know it's an old thread but you never know how useful this might be to someone. A friend of mine runs an ebay shop called kitchen-chemistry and each year he puts up a special pack of halloween food colours in powdered form. You can find it here,

have a good halloween anyway...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/kitchen-chemistry/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

cheers