Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should I give him money?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so the woes of Gingerbelle continue...

Anyway, the guy that I've been referring to in my previous sex threads...still not communicating about what happened on his office floor...still giving him space to deal with that (if he ever will).

Anyway, he text me yesterday out of the blue to ask how I was. So naturally I asked how he was and how work was. He told me it was hard right now as he needed to find £2,500 by Friday for an essential bit of paperwork that we lawyers need in order to keep working. He said he wasn't having much luck finding it and he may have to do another job for a few months until he can get it.

Now I know this wasn't the purpose of the text, but I found myself totally wanting to say I'd lend him it. I barely know him, apart from what we've done, and I'm still all confused about that, but it's as if I don't want him to have to go away even though I find it hard seeing him and if I loaned him the money he wouldn't have to. I think part of me sees it as a way to ensure we still have a connection. But I also wouldn't want to offend him or anything and I am still trying to move on from him and doubt this would help me.

What do you guys think?

GB x

Comments

• Options
    NO WAY

no way, no way no way. Youd be a fool.
  • Options
    I definately don't think you should lend him money. I think him telling you about his money worries is a bit suspect, like he's hinting that you might be able to help him.

Hes treated you badly though since sleeping with you, try to remember that.
  • Options
    Aye right he has a fumble with you on the office floor, avoids you, then texts you wanting £2500. Im all for helping people but this will most likely end with you losing that money. I'd steer clear
  • Options
    Yea i agree, i cant see you getting the money back anytime soon
  • Options
    I would not do that. Friendships often end when it comes to money, especially a lot of it. And acquaintances end much quicker, because of it, especially if they can't or want to pay back. Don't do it.
  • Options
    I genuinely don't believe he text me for that reason. I didn't need to ask him about work and I think that if I were to offer it he would refuse it, but I totally see where you're all coming from. I think I'm just finding the thought of not seeing him for a few months quite hard to accept, even though there is currently nothing going on and I suppose I thought I had a solution!

GB x
  • Options
    Danger, Will Robinson!
  • Options
    Please don't lend it to him. It's a lot of money to lend a good mate, nevermind someone you hardly know.
  • Options
    I'm sorry... but that was the purpose of his message, he drops you because of what happened then texts you out of the blue.... no, he knew you'd ask how he was; like if i twxt anyone, most are predictable in there responses, stay away.. he's clearly after money, he wouldn't go on about things like that with someone he barely knows.
  • Options
    I don't think he was asking you for it, but like everyone else I'd say don't offer it.
  • Options
    Has to make you wonder why he would need £2,500 to continue work, and not have it?
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Has to make you wonder why he would need £2,500 to continue work, and not have it?

He's just started out on his own and usually your employer would pay it. It's a sort of insurance policy.

I agree with everything that everyone has said. I saw him today though and it was just like "damn...I still want you. Even if you are a tosser who won't talk to me about what happened...here, have £2,500!!" :rolleyes:

GB x
  • Options
    He's just started out on his own and usually your employer would pay it. It's a sort of insurance policy.

I agree with everything that everyone has said. I saw him today though and it was just like "damn...I still want you. Even if you are a tosser who won't talk to me about what happened...here, have £2,500!!" :rolleyes:

GB x

Awww hunni.. *hugs* I understand, its hard. You can't chooae who you like or, even fall for.,even if they're a wanker....
  • Options

GB x

Well he sounds like a bit of an idiot if he knew about this money being needed before he went on his own. Also if he didnt know about it, doesnt bode well for his brain either.
  • Options
    Don't do it.
  • Options
    Thanks guys - he IS an idiot, if for no other reason than he can't see how great I am!! :yes:

GB xx

PS I'm not going to give him the money.
  • Options
    Thanks guys - he IS an idiot, if for no other reason than he can't see how great I am!! :yes:

GB xx

PS I'm not going to give him the money.

Oh. I agree, I bet you are great... he's losing out..
  • Options
    So, we have a quick fling, then nothing, then a text out of the blue?

I'm echoing most of the replies here. It may have been a nice text etc that he sent you, but there is no such thing as a free lunch.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    So, we have a quick fling, then nothing, then a text out of the blue?

I'm echoing most of the replies here. It may have been a nice text etc that he sent you, but there is no such thing as a free lunch.

True...well, he managed to get the money from a friend so the problem is technically solved...well THAT problem is solved. Still have to deal with seeing him all the time!!

GB x
  • Options
    So if he is working on his own and needs this £2.5k, then why do you still see him. Do you work in the same place or seperate work places?

I'm still suprised that he didnt think of having to get the money together before he would have needed it.
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    So if he is working on his own and needs this £2.5k, then why do you still see him. Do you work in the same place or seperate work places?

I'm still suprised that he didnt think of having to get the money together before he would have needed it.

We're both lawyers so we see each other at court every day, or near enough every day...

GB x