Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Android + Facebook?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know how I can choose to link only certain contacts with facebook?

When I sync contacts through HTC sense, I get allllllllll of my Facebook contacts who happen to have something entered in the mobile number field. I then can't edit or delete them.

Is there anyway to just be able to choose my google contacts and link them up with their facebook accounts individually / only sync the contacts I already have on my phone with facebook?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    On mine if i click "people" i get a list of my address book (which is just the people i've entered, rather than a list it's built automatically from facebook)

Then with these people if i click on their name, in the top right hand corner it either says "link" and i click that and select who / where i want to link them too, weather it be their facebook profile, another contact etc...

Or if they are already linked theres an image of a linked chain, i click this then it comes up with how they are linked, if i want to unlink this contact from the details i've entered on my google account i click this, or similarly i click their facebook profile to unlink it from these.

Now i'm not sure exactly what you're wanting to do, but im guessing you've got a massive list of people that it's automatically imported from facebook, along with the contacts you've entered, and you want to filter them?
    If so when i click "People", i then press the menu button and then click "View" and then get the option to select which lists i want to appear, i have always unselected the facebook one purely for the reason you mention, too many people, too much information that i dont really need.
    Unfortunately you need to select to see either ALL your FB contacts or none at all, I tried this myself, and couldn't find a way around this.
    now this is interensting