Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Portsmouth Thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Following closely on Rooney's huge contract comes this sad piece of news for Portsmouth fans.

Out of business?

I'm sure even So'ton fans aren't enjoying this.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ...how much sympathy they'll get round here given their reaction when we nearly went under I don't know; but the ones who'll really hate this are the more Meat-headed elements at the New Den...

Regardless view is this; anyone who isn't a moron isn't going to be impressed by Pompey going under. They are a well supported club, a part of the community and a major part of people's lives; have been for ages.

This should not have happened, but it is indicative of the economic madness of modern football that this may be the first but won't be the last...
  • Options
    Being from southampton area, I know a shit tonne of southampton supports and most of them are coming up with chants that they'll never get to use if pompey does actually close down

Me being me, i don't follow football so i don't give a flying fuck either way, though it would be sad as southampton supporters will have to find another shit team to rival
  • Options
    ...how much sympathy they'll get round here given their reaction when we nearly went under I don't know;

I think that the key word there is "nearly".

I'll happily give grief to City fans when their backers pull out and they can't pay the bills, just as I have recently to the scouse scummers. However, I'd hate it if either of them actually went out of business. Part of the fun of football is the rivalry. It was a real shame not to have the Manchester derbies whilst City were in the lower leagues.