Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Spending Review (DIY)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/interactive/2010/oct/19/comprehensive-spending-review-cuts
Comprehensive spending review: you make the cuts

The coalition says it must slash billions from public spending to tackle the UK's growing budget deficit. George Osborne's comprehensive spending review will reveal where the axe will fall. But should he cut as deep? And is he cutting the right things? Use this tool to conduct your own spending review

See if you can have some fun :)

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    £100m on S4C!!!
  • Options
    Interesting, although I'd rather get the money through 70% tax increases, also I'd rather means test the benefits rather than get rid of them. These are my general ideas;

- Put 2p on the upper rate of tax (the richer wouldn't really notice it)
    - Means test the winter fuel payment (about 90% of them are not in 'fuel poverty')
    - Scrap trident
    - Decriminalise all recreational drugs
    - Prescribe heroin
    - Scrap the academies and 'free schools' programme
    - Raise the pension age as quickly as the government is planning
  • Options
    It's quite good this recession malarky isn't it? It's a great excuse to scrap all of the things you never agreed with anyway, with minimal opposition, under the pretence that it's necessary.
  • Options
    It's quite good this recession malarky isn't it? It's a great excuse to scrap all of the things you never agreed with anyway, with minimal opposition, under the pretence that it's necessary.

Like a government that actually helps the poor - that's certainly the impression the Tories are giving out.