Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Difference between roast potatoes and potato wedges?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The other day i made my first ever potato wedges from scratch :yippe: but i couldnt help but notice that theyre very similar to roast ones. They tasted like wedges but just in the way theyre cooked. Are roasties just longer cooked versions of wedges?

Comments

• Options
    I thought wedges usually have the slin left on them? When cooking do you boil the potatoes on the wedges pike with roasties before putting them in the oven..
  • Options
    Well, with my wedges/roasties.

Roasties - par boiled spuds with fluffy edges so they go all crispy with just a bit of salt and pepper.

Wedges - skin left on and a multitude of different combinations of flavours. I did honey/mustard the other day and they came out ok, cept i had a really sticky baking tray.

Main wedges i do.

Garlic
    Herb (thyme and/or rosemary seem to work the best)
    Garlic and herb, lol :)
    Honey and mustard
    Paprika and butter
    Paprika and chilli
    Paprika, chilli and herb
    Cheese and garlic

Have you tired making a mixed roast vegetable dish ? Use spuds, carrots, parsnips, onions, squash. Cut into simialr size chunks, peel the parsnip first (the skin can be bitter unless it's a nice fresh one with a thin skin), peel the onion, but DON'T cut off the base, cut it inot quarters through the base so it stays together.

Put i a plastic bag with oil and your seasonings, give it a good massage and leave for 30 minutes. Roast for about 30-40 minutes at about 210-220c. Yummy
  • Options
    But then u get honey mustard wedges with crispy tin foil bits :D
  • Options
    I par boiled my wedges before i cooked them and left the skins on, whereas i guess roast are peeled and cooked for much longer