Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The future

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't really know where to start this tbh, I guess today looking round and seeing a few of my mates in realtionships and getting quite serious has kinda got me down. I've had a few gfs and I've been happy with them but I'm 19 and I've never had a serious relationship, they've all just been a bit of fun, nothing serious, not on the level of marraige seriousness but, well I don't really know how to sum it up really.

But it really made me think of the future, I'm scared that I'm never really going to find that one person that I'm going to be happy with for the rest of my life, I'm always going to be finding people who want fun, and its exactly what I'm looking for right now, a bit of fun but I also want it to be more than that, I don't know, I'm guess I'm a bit confused tbh, just kinda need to vent it out

Comments

• Options
    That will come in time. When you start to look for something a bit more serious as you get older you will find that the people you are meeting are starting to want the same thing as well.

just enjoy your youth now!!! That been said treat people how you would want to be treated, and you won't go far wrong.
  • Options
    Hi acrobat, :wave:

Don’t worry about feeling confused. Relationships are often big, confusing things, so I’m sure that feeling of confusion is one that lots of us can comprehend. From what you’re saying it sounds like what’s most confusing is that you’re not quite sure what you want at the moment, whether that should be a bit of fun, something serious or something somewhere inbetween.

If you do find yourself wanting a more serious relationship with a particular person, then why not try talking about it to them? Communication and honesty are both so key in a relationship, and as our factsheet about communicating as a couple says, unless the other person is a mind reader they might well miss out on the information.

It doesn’t mean you have to declare you want to get married; it doesn’t mean you have to talk specifically about whether they’re the right person to spend ‘the rest of your life’ with. Instead you could try talking about your future more generally: what you want in life, whether you might want to get married/have kids/whatever one day and use it as an opportunity to have a discussion about each other’s plans for the future and see if they match up.

You never know, you might find out that they feel precisely the same way but were unwilling to bring it up either.

Will. :)
  • Options
    You are so young and there around billllllllions of chickass out there for you, just experiment..you do not need to find 'the one you will marry' right now......maybe 10 years down the road yeah. Just have fun being single!
  • Options
    I'm 27 and I've wasted most of my life worrying about that one thing. If I could go back, I'd tell myself to go out and enjoy life more and not worry about the future so much. What's for you won't go past you. I try to tell myself that when I feel like you do.

I haven't found 'the one' yet either, but I know he's out there living his life and one day our paths will cross...and it will happen for you too!

GB xx