Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Breastfeeding, an act of paedophilia?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I truely think i would have been fine if they had let me had the private room i'd requested (they said yes when i got there and then the shift changed and the next midwife said no) - I wasn't in any pain at all I was just up all night with the two women next to me who were also being induced who appeared to be in a screaming competition with each other - one was calling out to Jesus and the other to Allah during each contraction - obviously i was sympathetic to thier pain but they can't have been that distressed as they were both on the phone between contractions talking very loudly.
  • Options
  • Options
    This is the kind of scenario I was terrified of getting into if I had had a hospital birth. I'm so so glad I had Rosie at home because I really do think I would have struggled a lot more if I'd had to go into a hot, noisy, busy ward. We went for a tour of the local hospital beforehand just in case we did end up there due to complications. It was ok, but I knew it wasn't the right place for me.

This is exactly what i was worried about as well - I had a home birth booked and hung out till day 19 before they strapped the drip on me - i hated the hospital when we went on our tour and didn't want to go there at all odds - but in the end it was fine and not as awful as i thought it was going to be. The thing that really put me off is that they showed us a 4 bedded room which they used as a holding area for people to dilated to be sent home but who were waiting for a private room and they said dont' worry we don't usually let you give birth here but if you do we pull the curtains round!

Though I'll still be booking a home birth / birthing centre next time - and i'm still looking forward to giving birth again if i ever get the chance!

But if i'm overdue again i think i will try and stick to my guns and not be induced for even longer if possible and i'd also seriously consider paying for a private hospital to ensure i got a private room.

Though to be fair the staff knew that those ladies were annoying the rest of us and were trying to get them down to the labour ward asap to give us all some peace (even though they were only 1cm dilated).
  • Options
    i found my homebirths much easier and more relaxing than my hospital birth. I had the full works of painkillers for my hospital birth, but managed with none for my homebirths. Totally different experience
  • Options
    god that is utter rubbish! i cnt believe a woman wrote that!

i feel that breast feeding is a totally natural thing but it's not for everyone. some mothers are un-able to breast-feed due to the baby failin to latch on. i think that breast is best :D

:heart:
  • Options
    Once again, the term 'paedophilia' is bandied around without any thought to what it REALLY means. It's the sexual interest in prepubescent children. I doubt most women attach a baby to their nipple just so they can get their rocks off. I can get a spontaneous erection from the the engine vibrations while just sitting on a bus (okay, maybe that's too much information) ... but it doesn't make me have some weird sexual interest in buses. FFS. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i actually used to really enjoy the oxytocin hormone buzz I used to get from breastfeeding in the early weeks with a newborn. Used to make me feel all fuzzy and loved up whenever the milk would start flowing. Lovely feeling!
  • Options
    breast feeding is lush.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    breast feeding is lush.

Oh FFS !! I've bought you a pomegranate and strawberry bath time kit for Christmas now i've got to go out and get 2 larges breasts and a Kit-Kit. I wish you'd make your mind up. :D
  • Options
    I do tend to switch.
  • Options
    Well, she's obviously never had a child...
  • Options
    :yes: probaberbly, she may have had a tough time with her baby, who knoes? x
  • Options
    This thread is obviously made by a troll, but the Westermarck effect will keep all of you who are freaked out about breastfeeding in check yo
  • Options
    This thread is obviously made by a troll, but the Westermarck effect will keep all of you who are freaked out about breastfeeding in check yo

This thread wasnt made by a troll, what was being commented on in the first post was.
  • Options
    this thread is dead, yo
  • Options
    I felt like reviving it yo
  • Options
    I felt like reviving it yo

Not really a recommended thing to do, have a read of the good manners guide :)
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Not really a recommended thing to do, have a read of the good manners guide :)

Considering how this particular section of the forum is pretty slow in comparison to the rest, I find it fair enough to bump this thread. If this was a more active section, you'd have a point, but seeing as how it was on the first page here and the last post is from little over/under 2 months, it's not a big deal in terms of reviving it.

If it was 4-12+ months old, then you might have a valid point in bringing up this "good manners guide", but as far as this thread stands, I won't be looking through that guide yo
  • Options
    Considering how this particular section of the forum is pretty slow in comparison to the rest, I find it fair enough to bump this thread. If this was a more active section, you'd have a point, but seeing as how it was on the first page here and is a little over/under 2 months, it's not a big deal in terms of reviving it.

If it was 4-12+ months old, then you might have a valid point in bringing up this "good manners guide", but as far as this thread stands, I won't be looking through that guide yo

Ok how about we do it this way,

First of all, Calling me a Troll is kinda funny, what Trolls have a post count of 15203 (+1) including this one and has been a member of this forum for close to 8 years,

Secondly, Even if you have the right to bump this thread, which hell sure why not go for it, At least have the god damn Courtesy to post something relevant instead of "This thread is obviously made by a troll"

So, please do not further humiliate yourself much more by insulting me, if you want to post something of worth, go ahead if not GTFO
  • Options
    Considering how this particular section of the forum is pretty slow in comparison to the rest, I find it fair enough to bump this thread. If this was a more active section, you'd have a point, but seeing as how it was on the first page here and the last post is from little over/under 2 months, it's not a big deal in terms of reviving it.

It's not for you to determine the etiquette of this site - the mods have done that for you.
  • Options
    First of all, Calling me a Troll is kinda funny, what Trolls have a post count of 15203 (+1) including this one and has been a member of this forum for close to 8 years,

and yo?
    Secondly, Even if you have the right to bump this thread, which hell sure why not go for it, At least have the god damn Courtesy to post something relevant instead of "This thread is obviously made by a troll"

look again, I did post something relevant, you just chose to ignore it due to your lack of tough skin yo

Considering that breastfeeding is in a way, a bonding process between mother and son/daughter, the Westermarck effect that develops between them prevents any attraction or instances of incest/pedophilia

but yes, I didn't post anything relevant at all :rolleyes:
    It's not for you to determine the etiquette of this site - the mods have done that for you.

That may be so yo, but it definitely needs to be revised in some aspects, if it's on the first page on a slow section such as this, why in the world do I need to dedicate another topic to this when I could just post in the thread that's already here? There are two threads on breastfeeding already, why do we need a third? Perhaps the powers that be on here need to reconvene and look things over again yo

I feel insulted that I have to discuss this in the first place with yall yo
  • Options
    I feel insulted that I have to discuss this in the first place with yall yo

Well piss off then, We didn't ask you to post did we,
  • Options
    You guys are not really great when it comes to greeting new people.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Well piss off then, We didn't ask you to post did we,

Seriously. All he did was bump a thread. o_0
  • Options

Oh yes because I love it when someone comes along and insults me, and then says they are insulted for even par taking in this discussion with us,
  • Options
    Saying that he thinks that the original poster is trolling isn't exactly an insult. You kind of blew that out of proportion.
  • Options
    Saying that he thinks that the original poster is trolling isn't exactly an insult. You kind of blew that out of proportion.
    Maybe, But honestly calling a regular member a troll is hardly a good way to say hello.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Maybe, But honestly calling a regular member a troll is hardly a good way to say hello.

Which justifies telling him to "GTFO"? I think he may have been referring more to the article than to you, anyway, or at least that's how I took it.
  • Options
    Haha. Yeah. You coulda just been like "Hey, bro. I'm right here. I'm not a troll." If he'd have pushed it, then I could understand your reaction.
  • Options
    *tiptoes out of the thread*
This discussion has been closed.