Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

*Yawn* out comes a *burp*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:confused::confused::confused: Why is it sometime when you yawn and open your mouth, dead wide and it's for long, why does a burp come out sometimes?

Why I ask this? I do not know.

It's because it happens to me alot when I'm in public is it also possible to prevent? And last but not least does it happen to anyone else?

Thanks take care

Katie *hug*

Comments

• Options
    Don't open your mouth as wide or for as long then.
  • Options
    Sometimes when i sneeze a bottom burp escapes :blush:
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Sometimes when i sneeze a bottom burp escapes :blush:

That reminds me when I was talking on the telephone with my mum and a friend who sat beside me sneezed and said, "wow, I sneezed and farted at the same time. Awesome feeling." and I just lost it and my mum didn't know what the fuck was going on.

@OP: Burps are digestion gases (mainly CO2) that escape from your stomach. Maybe the deep breath you take when yawning helps the gas travelling up? I don't know. My chemistry teacher always shouted at us when we yawned with an open mouth like that. Taught me to put my hand in front of my mouth. Sometimes he would even try to throw a piece of chaulk in it.

So, bottom line, don't yawn in public as if you don't have any manners.