Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What stupid things have you done recently?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just put £50 on the electricity pre-payment metre but took the wrong key, the one for next doors flat by mistake! I don't know them infact I've hardly ever seen them so not sure that I'll ever get that money back. I'm so stupid sometimes!

What stupid things have you done recently?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yesterday I got a tenner out of the cashpoint, got a call, took my card and walked away. The woman behind me had to run after me to give me my cash. :blush:
    Glad you had someone honest next at the cashpoint :)
    Oh no... that is terrible!

Evenstar, lucky you...

That almost happened to me before, shows how easily we can be distracted and have our train of thought corrupted.

I cant think of something stupid ive done recently...

Ive started working in Peckham :confused: does that count
    i went to the bank to pay a cheque in and left the cheque on the sofa, didnt realise til i'd got there. walked round for a good hour or so with the button undone on my shirt exposing my bra to everybody...hmm those are the two most recent ones but i do stupid things all the time, its annoying some times ha.
    Yesterday I left the dog loose in the car for a bit only to realise when I got back it had the runs. The front passenger seat was a mess. :no:
    Didn't realise the dog was behind me when I opened the gate to go upstairs - he ran up the stairs and into my parents room - he'd stepped in dog poo just after coming in from the garden.:yuck:
    I somehow managed to suspend my Paypal account just because I sold a Tinkerbell DVD for £4.69.
    went for an induction with another guy at the residential care home. visited the hairdressing bit at the top and i saw a lady with a dome thing on her head. we came back downstairs and i said to my friend 'oh that poor lady, i wonder what's wrong with her' and he said 'err rach that is a big hairdryer thing'. whoops
    Went into the supermarket where I work to pick up a few bits, ended up chatting to a few people, only to return and find my mouth covered in chocolate from the oreos I'd eaten earlier.
    Also bought in next doors bin by accident, however the binmen had left them outside the wrong house and facing the wrong way so I couldnt see the numbers.
    Ballerina wrote: »
    and facing the wrong way so I couldnt see the numbers.

Look on the other side next time ;)

I went all the way to the gym with my ipod, its about a 10 min walk, to find out the batteries were dead. I now cant find my ipod cable, while I can charge the ipod on the office radios dock, I cant change the music!
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Went into the supermarket where I work to pick up a few bits, ended up chatting to a few people, only to return and find my mouth covered in chocolate from the oreos I'd eaten earlier.

haha oh my god iv SO done the oreos thing! seriously i cannot eat them without getting chocolate round my mouth, especially in the corners, im so glad its not just me? iv gone 3 hours at work before realising haha. i stay away from them nowadays!
    haha oh my god iv SO done the oreos thing! seriously i cannot eat them without getting chocolate round my mouth, especially in the corners, im so glad its not just me? iv gone 3 hours at work before realising haha. i stay away from them nowadays!

haha ive done the same. I now try to remember to look in the mirror before going anywhere.
    Drunken texting to someone i shouldnt really be drunken texting...
    i went to return a coat i bought last week today as i noticed a small fault with it (but it was a fault that REALLY annoyed me).

i picked up a new one and went to exchange my old one.

the manager offered me the original for 1/4 of the price (so i'd get 3/4 of original cost refunded) but for some stupid reason, i said no.

it was only a small fault but it annoyed me all day today when i was wearing it (it was a fault with the stiching on the sleeve! it wasn't noticable but felt uncomfortable!).

beginning to think i should have accepted the manager's offer, lol. could have gone out and bought something else with the partial refund and i could have still worn the coat!

What annoyed me most is that no one bothered to tell me!! I only bought them because they were on offer, never again!
    I appear to have bit the inside of mouth in my sleep.:confused:
    i got drunk about 2 months ago and very drunkenly told my boyfriend that i enjoy being spanked (i dont - i dont have the slightest clue why i said this)
    Now he insists on doing it all the time and i dont know how to tell him that i do in fact dislike it, cuz i know he'll get miffed at me for saying it in the first place, and not telling him sooner that i dont instead of dragging it on.
    yeah, VERY STUPID

oh, and i just ate some baked beans and burnt the roof of my mouth :( v sore
    Burst into tears watching Toy Story 3 today... think it was a combination of the film being sad and me being slightly hormonal
    Went to maccies for a maccies breakfast for my hungover friend and drove home with it on my roof...*durrr* :yeees: :rolleyes:
    Love this thread :)
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Love this thread :)
    So do I...;),

I don't think I can think of anything I did stupid that would amuse you all to be honest. If I find something in the next few day's will be sure to tell you all. :)
    I'm on holiday, and i seem to have left my common sense at home...
    I went swimming in the pool with about 100 euro's in notes in my pocket, and my fags and rizla's and filters. I was not pleased at all, mostly because i couldn't buy anymore cigs to replace the ones i had just ruined, had to wait till i got back to the villa.
    Went to maccies for a maccies breakfast for my hungover friend and drove home with it on my roof...*durrr* :yeees: :rolleyes:

did it stay on your roof? :D
    did it stay on your roof? :D

It did...I was amazed! If it hadn't been pouring down I would have still give it to my friend ;)

My ex did that once but with his wallet
    I saw a TV programme in late 2002 where some guys did this as a prank. Leaving a baby on top of the car then driving off, except that the baby was just a realistic looking doll. They did it mainly to see what reactions they got from the public.
    parked the van at work, went up to the office, stood there clicking the remote locking fob at the office door for a good minute :confused:
    sat down, turned the pc on and waited for the log on screen, when it came up i did the same bloody thing again!
    i asked my cousin out by accident -_-
    Just realised that I put odd socks on this morning.
    Just realised that I put odd socks on this morning.

I do that quite often. Mine are all black with different coloured tips only about an inch long. You don't notice the mis-matched colours if you're wearing shoes or slippers. Then if a sock of one colour gets a hole and one of another colour also gets a hole, then it's time for even more mis-matching.