Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

looking for some good fantasy games

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
that i can play online.

something with a good storyline, and not just.. kill this, kill that, raise a level and then repeat the steps.

more of an rpg i reckon.

does anyone know a good game i could try?

thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Most games are levels then re doing it, I personally dis-like fantasy games unfortunetly.

How about virtual games,

- Moshi Monsters
    - Panfu
    - Club Penguin
    - Neopets and many more the internet it full of games :)
    Guild wars is an awesome game for this, kinda like WoW but one off payment and just as fun, but i would hold back on this front because Guild Wars 2 is coming out soon :D:D:D:D:D
    Most games are levels then re doing it, I personally dis-like fantasy games unfortunetly.

How about virtual games

Well are not all games on a computer virtual?
    curly_boy wrote: »
    Guild wars is an awesome game for this, kinda like WoW but one off payment and just as fun, but i would hold back on this front because Guild Wars 2 is coming out soon :D:D:D:D:D

Guild Wars is amazing. Especially the 8vs8 Guild versus Guild fights. All 8 peeps in Ventrillo making tactics and make pinpoint timing for the damage output (Spiking). Used to love it.

Will definitely buy Guild Wars 2. The ingame graphics are amazing.
    Harry Potter - make sure you read the books first, then give the games a spin. The first instalment (Philosopher's Stone) was way too short. I managed to complete that in a weekend and that included me clubbing on Saturday night, but the rest of the games were longer and they followed the story quite well.

May I suggest we move this to entertainment?
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Harry Potter - make sure you read the books first, then give the games a spin. The first instalment (Philosopher's Stone) was way too short. I managed to complete that in a weekend and that included me clubbing on Saturday night, but the rest of the games were longer and they followed the story quite well.

May I suggest we move this to entertainment?

what a cool idea.

i love hp

:)

will try guild wars also

thanks guys
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Meh, got guild wars last year, played it for about 3 hours and got horribly bored of it. The story lines aren't interesting, PvE areas are a bit lack luster and It's not very user friendly for new players.

As for the person who suggested Neopets earlier, sorry to say this but Neopets has been shut down for well over a year.
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    Meh, got guild wars last year, played it for about 3 hours and got horribly bored of it. The story lines aren't interesting, PvE areas are a bit lack luster and It's not very user friendly for new players.

As for the person who suggested Neopets earlier, sorry to say this but Neopets has been shut down for well over a year.

I didn't even finish the whole PvE storyline and explore everything. It's all about the PvP. Hero's Ascension and Guild Battles. Holy shit. We started at 9 in the evening and stopped at like 3 or 4 in the morning on weekdays.

Recently installed it, but stopped again, because my guild disbanded and I am too lazy to find a new one :/
    Dr Pirate wrote: »

Shut down? It's quite far from having been shut down. It's an enormous site today and run by Nickelodeon.

Otherwise I can't be of much help, I'm scouting for games myself.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I didn't even finish the whole PvE storyline and explore everything. It's all about the PvP. Hero's Ascension and Guild Battles. Holy shit. We started at 9 in the evening and stopped at like 3 or 4 in the morning on weekdays.

Recently installed it, but stopped again, because my guild disbanded and I am too lazy to find a new one :/

Indeed, guild wars was awesome but as said, mostly about the pvp, can't wait for GW2 to come out, gonna make me a Charr!
    Indeed, guild wars was awesome but as said, mostly about the pvp, can't wait for GW2 to come out, gonna make me a Charr!

Haha, me too. Charr Warrior. The fattest, bully looking. I've always been frontliner and tactician in my guild in clan wars. Those wimpy asuras can kiss my ass :P
    Everquest II

Other than that, don't waste your life playing bloody MMORPGs!
    Unfortunately pretty much every MMORPG has that 'grind' effect untill you can reach the final content. Doing it with friends makes it less tedious though. I know you spesifically asked for games that don't have that need to grind, but I'll be stating some of them in terms of the end-game content.

World of Warcraft
    Guild Wars (as people have recommended. Haven't played this myself)
    Aion
    Eve Online (Space combat kinda MMO. Real pretty, but complex too)
    Starwars The Old Republic (Not yet realised, but if you're a fan, i'd recommend looking into it!)

Hope this helps
    I also looking for, but haven't see good!

Shortly after the R4 team announced dissolution, the market apart from "R4 Ⅲ", has gradually emerged "R4 ULTRA", "R4 SDHC",“nintendo ds r4” and "HYPRE R4" such as the name of the brand name for itself in cottage cheap r4 ds card burning.

I remember 20 people of my guild in random arena joining at the same time and sometimes we had four of us in one team :D playing against 3-4 or other guild members in random arena :D It was a fun night.
    Final Fantasy 13
    Dante's Inferno
    Fable II
    Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
    How about Farmville on facebook :D
    I'm going to close this thread as it's from 2010 - watch out for dates before you post :thumb:
This discussion has been closed.