Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Weed, whats next ?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think its unfair to say that weed has a negative effect on peoples lives, I feel that your overlooking the negative effect that cocaine can have on peoples lives, yes weed can be addictive but if someone was to have a coke addiction it would destroy their lives far more that weed would
    I think its unfair to say that weed has a negative effect on peoples lives

It really isn't.
    its a great minimal harm sleeping aid, with no hangover effect
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    acrobat wrote: »
    I think its unfair to say that weed has a negative effect on peoples lives

Above all other drugs I have tried (and that's quite few) weed has had the most negatie effect on my day to day life. It's not about it being unfair it's a FACT. And I know pplenty of other people with the same experience.

Mostly it's because of the way it's used. I now wish I hadn't used as regular as I did, I'm sure that has something to do with the reason why I hate it so much.

And SCC it does have a hangover effect, it'll leave me groggy and paranoid for a day or two after smoking even a small amount. It's not to be underestimated. It can be addictive, and it can fuck up your life.
    Weekender Offender 
    it sounds like you were really over indulging though. I have a little pipe quite often in the evening before bed if im having trouble sleeping, and it works much more effectively and with less side effects the next day than any prescribed sleeping tablets.
    If I was smoking it all the time, then of course it would have a negative effect, and im sure if you were caning MDMA every day it would have a pretty negative effect on your mental health quite quickly
    I blame the tobacco in joints mostly
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    it sounds like you were really over indulging though. I have a little pipe quite often in the evening before bed if im having trouble sleeping, and it works much more effectively and with less side effects the next day than any prescribed sleeping tablets.

I was smoking little but often (daily). I havn't smoked it in properly in years but on the odd occasion I have had a few tokes on a joint I've absolutely hated it and it's left me feeling quite bad even the next day.
    If I was smoking it all the time, then of course it would have a negative effect, and im sure if you were caning MDMA every day it would have a pretty negative effect on your mental health quite quickly

People do smoke it everyday and many people beleive it's fine to do so, and for many people it is. But a significant number of people do experience negative effects similar to what I've felt. That's why I think it's not to be underestimated and it's certainly not harmless.

When I wrote earlier in this thread about drugs that have had a positive effect on my life I wasn't really talking abut their potential dangers alone and certainly wasn't trying to say MDMA is harmless (it's not). MDMA used daily would seriously fuck you up. It's the kind of drug that very few people would use daily however. The way it works means that it's quite hard to fall into such a pattern of use. I think the biggest danger from MDMA is bingeing on it.

I was just saying that from my own experiences I consider the MDMA experience worth the risks associated with it, whilst consider the weed experience not worth it.
    Weekender Offender 
    I think perhaps there should be stress on the difference between pure MDMA and what is often in pills (especially now I've heard, not that I've done them for years). I think Skives comments on MDMA are true for pure MDMA used responsibly, they don't really apply for pills when they are used in higher doses in a club.
    dont get me wrong. Im quite partial to a bit of mdma every now and again, but i find the comedowns nasty and i feel really low for up to a week afterwards
    I want real MDMA
    Weed makes me paranoid !! i dont see weed as a problem in my life tho but sometimes crazy things happen !!

like i remembering smoking a spliff and going to bed, i stopped and looked to the floor and there was that tiny tiny bug that i would squash if i hit it with my small toe !! and i was scard shitless i thought this little bug isnt a normal bug and it will attack me !!!
    I wish I had some right now....!

:rolleyes:
    No doubt weed can be bad if you are not mentally able to take it. Also, if you smoke it - it's not too healthy.

I smoke weed almost every day - just normal bush weed - no super skunk. I prefer it to tobacco as it tastes much nicer. I have been smoking this amount for 5 years, smoking off and on for 7.

I had a point when it got a bit out of control; broke up with girlfriend, no money, living in a shit tip, started to get uneasy in public places. I had to move out of town to clear my head. I had a break, and worked out how to approach problems in a way that worked for me. Then started smoking again.

I feel motivated, optimistic and happy now - but still aware of the slight paranoia occasionally.

Bit of a rant, but I really think it is down to the person's mental state. I have had friends lose it - if you want to do it, just be aware of who you are.. if that makes sense. I agree with skive on this one:
    People do smoke it everyday and many people beleive it's fine to do so, and for many people it is. But a significant number of people do experience negative effects similar to what I've felt. That's why I think it's not to be underestimated and it's certainly not harmless.
    +1 to pretty much everything Skive has said in this thread.

To reference back to the OP, I wouldn't worry about your friends moving on to other drugs. You should be more worried about the weed making them so lazy, all they want to do is sit around the house and smoke weed. It's kinda cyclic.

The good news is that usage tends to trail off eventually, so all you need to do is wait for a few years.
    Weed can fuck up your life or enhance your life, it all depends on the person.

I can't decide which is true for myself :confused: