Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

private tutors

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i haven't got much money but i need extra help for my GCSEs that teachers wouldn't want to give me.
it seems that the price in my area for private tutors is £18 per hour.
Anyone, who has had a tutor:

a) How many times a week did you get tutored for?

b) How long were your sessions?

c) Was it worth it?

Thanks.
Any other comments would also be appreciated.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hi

When I was 15 I wasn`t looking very good for my Maths and Physics GCSE grades,something I in particular HAD to get right.

So got a private tutor,£23 and bumped my predicted F grade up to a A in maths,and from D to a A in physics.

He came to my house for 2 hours every wednesday evening and it was well worth it and would recommend it to anyone.

My case was extreme because I needed at least a B to get on the college course I wanted to go on,because of the competition...its a balancing act really,how much work do you need to catch up with / how many grades do you need to boost?? and how much you want it.

Perhaps speak it over with your parents??,if you are open and honest,maybe they will help you pay??

Anyhow,good luck in your studies,I know how much they hurt!!
  • Options
    i got i tutor for my sats last yr and moving school knocked me down a bit but he got me back up there, i had to go once a week for an hour, i had to go to his house and it cost £20 per hour

he gave me things new for to me to do and taught me things that i should be doing in the exam. it helped me catch up again and i got high marks for it. :)