Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what should i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been working with this law firm as a secretary for the past three years..it's quite a risponsable job and i'm the youngest person working in this office. I'm 21. Everyone else in my department is more mature as they are older, married and settled down with kids.

I don't really like to work, that's the whole issue...

I'd rather work behind a bar or as a dancer in a club, the only problem is that mum will not like it. I know that I could make as much money as I do working as a secretary...

I have a very good c.v so i'm sure that if i quit my job it'll be very easy to get another one. I know i can get any secretarial job i want because i am currently employed as a secretary to an ex-minister.

But I think I wanna just hve a change of scene for a little while. I've been a secretary for 6 yrs in all. I'm getting bored of my secretarial duties.

I go out alot and i go clubbing a real lot, so it's sometimes a real pain in the butt to hve to wake up and go to work. Partying makes me also very lazy....but I'm 21, who the hell wants to me serious and responsible at this age?

I surely cannot go be a dancer in a club when I'm 40!! this is my time.

can anyone give me any advice?

Comments

• Options
    If you don't like the job your at and know you could get a job you like with the same pay then take it!! your mad if you don't... ;);) Hope you figure out what to do! :D
  • Options
    why not take a year out or something u could take a cheap hol during work time come back and get thinking what job u want then
  • Options
    You're 21. You need to start working for yourself and not your mother. I'd do what you want to do.