Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Private dentistry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since I turned sixteen I've been responsible for my own dentist bills and so have only been on the nhs since then. I was on my mum's private plan before then. I've got a bit of dental work that needs doing, a fair bit (yes, I've got dodgy teeth). Is it worth me going private or should I stick to nhs? I have found the nhs only really offer a limited amount of things but then, I imagine private dentistry is going to cost a bomb. What do you do, nhs, or private?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote: »
    Since I turned sixteen I've been responsible for my own dentist bills and so have only been on the nhs since then. I was on my mum's private plan before then. I've got a bit of dental work that needs doing, a fair bit (yes, I've got dodgy teeth). Is it worth me going private or should I stick to nhs? I have found the nhs only really offer a limited amount of things but then, I imagine private dentistry is going to cost a bomb. What do you do, nhs, or private?
    Would you be able to afford private dentistry?

I personally would stay with the NHS for now, because it doesn't cost as much. But if you have a job and get alot off income then it could be possible to do private dentistry. But to be honest it's your choice, so good luck with your decision. :)

*hug*
    Private DEntistry

You should look into getting dental insurance, so long as the dental treatment you require is not just cosmetic it is more than likely that your treatment would be covered, normally you have to pay a proportion towards the treatment but it is well worth it, £20 per month and you can get a half decent plan.
    Hmmn, decisions, decisions.
    it depends on your dentist. Some NHS dentists are brilliant.
    Ive had loads of cosmetic work done by my NHS dentist, yet my bf has had a similar experience to you in that he cant get a lot of stuff he wants done so is considering private.