Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Renting - Are they moving back? Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This Morning I recived a phonecall from a Solcitors where I live in Lincoln saying , Hello there, We have recived a call from a estate agents which is also near me about a quote for a convanecy (sorry about spelling) report for the sale of some house is Bury , I said I didnt know what they was on about & they asked if it was (joe bloggs) and I said No, Thats my landlord!
WHat is this all about, Could this mean they are moving back as I know they live nr manchester now , WHy would they have people here doing this?? What notice do we get to move out??

Comments

• Options
    They could also be buying a different house.
  • Options
    Don't panic. Solicitors are devils for 'unsolicited' sales calls LOL. If your Landlords are selling a house, they will be getting lots of offers from firms offering conveyancing. With the market so low at the moment, they'll try anything to drum up business. Don't believe for a moment that these people had actually been contacted by your Landlords' estate agents - if they had, they would have been given the right contact details!
  • Options
    Hey there,

This phone call has understandably caused you some alarm as you are not sure what is going on regarding the sale of your home.

A good idea would be to ask your landlord directly. Making assumptions at this stage may be causing you to worry unnecessarily. Like the other posters have said, the call may have been a mistake or just some solicitors trying to make some money.

Once you have asked your landlord and you know what is going on you can then take any further steps that you need to.

Keep us posted on progress and with any further queries you may have.
    :)
  • Options
    Let the landlord know about the call, and rather than just rining up to ask what the hell is going on etc, you can tag it on the end of a call which for all purposes is carrying out the act of being a good tennant. :)