Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

feel like s**t

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so I have felt crap 4 the past few days. Today I started talking 2 this guy i have known for a while but he doesn't know about my past i.e. that I self harm. We were talking and he found out I have really bad depression and then 2 make me feel really bad he said that it is my fault i'm by myself. I push people away and if i didn't people would think i'm nice and not a bitch. This made me feel like shit. I cried my eyes out and now I just want 2 cut. I havent self harmed since last october but right now the urge is really strong. I really don't know how I can stop myself I'm so f***ing mad at him and upset he thinks that of me. I know im being stupid but like I say I have felt rubbish for the past few days and now this has pushed me right over the edge. By the way Im not writing this for any1 2 feel sorry for me i just need 2 vent my feelings.

Comments

• Options
    hey natalie.

*hug*

sorry to hear that you are feeling like you are.

do hang in there. i think you'll be doing just fine.

:heart:

i'm here if you need to talk

take care of yourself

and ranting's okay, it's good to get it out your system
  • Options
    Hey natalie kaye :wave:

As Avatar of agony says, it's good to get these things out of your system and these boards are here for you to do exactly that. So please do keep coming back whenever you need someone to talk to *hug* .

You've been really strong by not self harming since last October - that's coming up to a year and is a huge achievement, so don't forget that! In this last year, have you come up with any coping mechanisms which have helped you through any urges you may have had to cut? This section of TheSite.org has loads of helpful information on self harm, including a load of coping tips and distractions which others in your situation have found helpful when resisting the urge to harm.

The guy you were talking to - am I right in thinking that he's not a close friend and is someone who doesn't know you too well? What he said to you sounds pretty insensitive considering you'd just opened up to him about your past so please remember that it's just his opinion, and the opinion of someone who doesn't know the "real you" at that. Some of the best, most interesting and loyal people that I know are the ones who don't give everything away immediately and they're the ones who make the best friends in the end! This article has some good info on how to deal with friends who are being less-than-friendly, have a read and see if any of it applies to you.

Finally, do keep posting whenever you need to - that's what we're all here for :)

Take care,

Cat x
  • Options
    thank you both of you. I think I was just having a bad day and i needed 2 let it all out of my system. I havent had an urge to cut like that for a long time and thankfully i didnt act on it!!!!
  • Options
    thank you both of you. I think I was just having a bad day and i needed 2 let it all out of my system. I havent had an urge to cut like that for a long time and thankfully i didnt act on it!!!!
    I'm so glad you did not cut, *hugs*
    You should be soo proud. :)

Always hear if you need someone to talk to. :) *hugs*

I'm proud of you :)
  • Options
    Great news - hope you're feeling better after a good old vent!

:thumb:
  • Options
    thanks every1 i do feel so much better, i think i were just having a bad week! and i am so proud that i didn't cut, it was hard not 2 but i did it!!!!!!!