Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

This kid ain't gunna grow up right...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You may have already seen thishttp://milasdaydreams.blogspot.com/, my mother just showed me the link. Why why WHY are there so many positive comments on this blog? Would you do this to your child? Can you comprehend why someone would want to?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont really see the point of it, apart from for fun, but i dont imagine that its gonna have any bad effects on the child
    I guess I don't understand the problem. Maybe I am missing something? Help me to see your perspective Evenstar.
    Having a child of a similar age, I'm just envious that she finds the time to do it!

I read an interview with the mother, and she sets it all up while the baby's napping, plops her down for a mo and takes a picture, all without junior waking up (again, jealous - if I so much as move a blade of grass in the garden while mine's napping, she's wide awake).

Don't see a problem, though. I think it's quite sweet.
    it's cute
    Is that baby dead or sedated all the time? Or do they dress is up so carefully that it does not wake up when being dressed like this?
    kinda strange but her imagination is brlliant
    Bit creepy. Still, what else are you meant to do with a baby once you're done feeding and wiping its arse? Games of peekaboo are only going to keep you amused for so long.
    Ozzer wrote: »
    I guess I don't understand the problem. Maybe I am missing something? Help me to see your perspective Evenstar.

I find it creepy and self-serving. At only a few months old this child is an internet phenomenon, with presumably a pretty nutty mother. I would feel upset if i found out my mother exposed some really weird baby pics of me to the entire internet populous.

In my mind it's similar with those parents who force their children into beauty pageants at a young age. The mother even admits in the FAQ section (letter to 'Paul') that her daughter will probably hate for this when she's older. She doesn't have this kid's best interest at heart.
    I wouldnt say its similair to the beauty pageants thing, id say thats in a league of its own as that dresses up children in a sexy way with make up etc

This is the mum being creative, and the childs not being hurt, i dont think its against the kids interest as i dont think no bad is happening to the child, i presume shes safe and warm and asleep and blissfully unaware.

I understand doing it once or twice as a one off and i think it is cool and imaginative, a good photo for the photo album and to show friends or whatever, but to keep doing it? i dont see the point.
    I like it. its super cute
    sepumseeme wrote: »
    I wouldnt say its similair to the beauty pageants thing, id say thats in a league of its own as that dresses up children in a sexy way with make up etc

This is the mum being creative, and the childs not being hurt, i dont think its against the kids interest as i dont think no bad is happening to the child, i presume shes safe and warm and asleep and blissfully unaware.

I understand doing it once or twice as a one off and i think it is cool and imaginative, a good photo for the photo album and to show friends or whatever, but to keep doing it? i dont see the point.

:yes:
    i expected this to be something a lot worse than it actually is! i think its quite cute but i dont know how many times she can do it before it gets a bit boring, ha.
    thats the whole point of a blog though isnt it. You do what YOU like and if someones finding it boring, they dont have to keep going to your site.
    I dont see any harm in it.
    Im pretty sure that this fad will wear off long before the kid becomes old enough to start getting bothered by any attention anyway.
    Evenstar wrote: »
    The mother even admits in the FAQ section (letter to 'Paul') that her daughter will probably hate for this when she's older. She doesn't have this kid's best interest at heart.

I expect she means that in the same way that my daughter will hate me for showing a picture of her sat on a potty - the normal kind of 'hate' that comes from a mildly cringe-worthy experience.
    There is a huge market for babies looking cute here... calanders, photos... whatever the hell else people sell... I often see them in flower pots like http://www.tak-photography.com/port_flowerpot/images/flowerpot_02.JPG Not a big fan of either but I think the link you provided is much more entertaining and creative.
    I find it creepy and self-serving. At only a few months old this child is an internet phenomenon, with presumably a pretty nutty mother. I would feel upset if i found out my mother exposed some really weird baby pics of me to the entire internet populous.

In my mind it's similar with those parents who force their children into beauty pageants at a young age. The mother even admits in the FAQ section (letter to 'Paul') that her daughter will probably hate for this when she's older. She doesn't have this kid's best interest at heart.

I think the pics are a little too 'cute' for my liking but it's hardly going to scar the child. It's not like in later years, people will find the pics on the net and know it's her. She'll have grown up unrecognisably by then.
    I think she will grow up feeling amazingly loved, special and touched that her mother had taken the time to think so hard about what she must be dreaming about and making her such a beautiful present - true she might be embarrased a bit by it when she is a child but when she is older i think she will really appreciate it.

However where on earth does that woman find the time to do it all - i can only imagine she has some kind of live in house keeper and nanny and is blessed with an amazing child who goes to sleep easily and doesnt' wake up when moved.

Also - she possibly had 9 months to plan everything in advance so might have made most of the costumes already.
    It's quite a feat to get a child into those positions / clothing. Niamh would be all over the place chewing on her sock...
    Mist wrote: »
    It's quite a feat to get a child into those positions / clothing. Niamh would be all over the place chewing on her sock...

Paediatric cough mixture. They sleep like a charm! :thumb:
    You may have already seen thishttp://milasdaydreams.blogspot.com/, my mother just showed me the link. Why why WHY are there so many positive comments on this blog? Would you do this to your child? Can you comprehend why someone would want to?

Awww, the pictures are sooo cute :thumb:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I actually really like it. It's really creative and is something very different. I don't think the kid will be that bothered when she's older, either. Kudos. I don't think she would be able to do it for a very long time, though. By the time she starts to gain a bit more understanding she'll not be as pliable.

Oh, and my daughter will hate me for taking photos of her completely lathered in food, sat in a shoe box, in the bath ... it's a phrase that you do actually use when you are a mother. Just like you probably 'hate' your mother for getting baby pics out to show a boyfriend.

EDIT: Just to clarify, my daughter was not covered in food, in a shoe box and in the bath at the same time. There are lots of different photos that she'll hate me for :p