Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Death.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont know where to put this.

But

11 years ago my nan died, we were very close, and at the time I was 6. It was very upsetting at the time and dont get me wrong I have thought of her since she died, but today I went to the doctors and the nurse I saw used to employ my nan to clean her house. The nurse was saying how my nan was lovely and how she always talked about me and said how she could not wait for me to drive and to go uni and see me graduate. The nurse said how she loved me so much and I was her favorite of the family. Thing is the more I think about it the more I miss her. like when I do something good at sixth form, getting into uni and driving lessons. when I argue with my dad (her son) or my boyfriend I would love to have her here to know that someone loves me. when I'm depressed i know she could cheer me up.

It sounds stupid but i just really wish she could be here now. I bet you all think Im being stupid but I miss her more than ever.:(

Comments

• Options
    :) She with you at all times. She might be gone physically, but shes still there within you:)

STAY HAPPY!!!:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Imagine
    :) She with you at all times. She might be gone physically, but shes still there within you:)

STAY HAPPY!!!:D

Yes but it seems that everything she wanted me to do she will miss. i want her to see me as she is the only one that ever believed i'd do this well in life.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*

Yes but it seems that everything she wanted me to do she will miss.

But thats what you're forgetting she isnt missing a thing, she can see. Im not one of those people that prayer 'n'preach about the life after death etc. Just keep on believing in yourself and continue doing well in life, I'm sure shes impressed with whatever you've done and what your ambitions are for the future. And there are bound to be plenty of friends and family proud of you in how successful you are at the moment.
  • Options
    I always talk about her to my auntie but when you start talking to a 'stranger' bout what she used to say is sad :( thankyou everyone. least i feel less stupid :)
  • Options
    What you need is a dose of friends round and have a day out, to take your mind off being depressed. U just said that you dont need to go on a diet (well you think) even so why are you worrying now? However if doing exercise, keeping yourself active makes you happy, do it.

Go for a looooooooooong walk (if its raining take an umbrella, dont want you to catch a cold!:( ) Its good to talk about situations like this but there are times when you need to clear your head and reflect on how well you are, and done? Whereas having your circle of friends around you will take away all of your troubles.

Dont get me wrong but it is good to come on here and talk to some people that know you but sometimes not as well as the friends thats been with you for years.

Dont get yourself depressed, your not alone.

But do smile:D your nan and family and friends still luv you!:)
  • Options
    hi, it aint stupid, its obv. u miss her, as sed b4 she aint wiv u phisically, but wil always be there in spirit and she cn see evry think u r doin! :D keep smilin! :D