Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Quick q about msn

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If someones blocked you can you still see them in the updates bit at the bottom? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    What update bit? You mean the contacts list?
  • Options
    What do you mean by the updates? If you block someone in a buddy list, you will still show up on their list but always grey (offline). If somebody has blocked you, they'll always appear grey to you.
  • Options
    the 'what's new' bit at the bottom that tells you when people have new profile pictures etc
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Nope, you can't, I have blocked so many perves who have gathed info on me on the whats new section once you block them or they bloke you, you can not see there what's new :)
    Thats why I love MSN :)
  • Options
    even if it's an old bit of news that's been there for a while? it doesn't still circle automatically on the feed?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    even if it's an old bit of news that's been there for a while? it doesn't still circle automatically on the feed?

If the person hasn't fully blocked YOU and deleted YOU then you should be able to see very old news but you wont be able to see the latest though. :)
  • Options
    Nope, you can't, I have blocked so many perves who have gathed info on me on the whats new section once you block them or they bloke you, you can not see there what's new :)
    Thats why I love MSN :)

i know, right?

i keep getting bots adding me.

they won't respond unless you use certain words, and then they advertise what ever it is. usually it's cam to cam and they ask you to keep a secret and don't tell anyone, i just block them.

should really get some msn addresses of people here, or at least the ones that matter to me.

:heart:
  • Options

Interesting you say that Mr Agony. I've had my current MSN handle for almost a year, no sweat. Like the flick of a lightswitch though, I've been getting bot requests every day throughout last week. The only thing I can think of is that I tweaked my MSN profile a little, changed some info, added a photo but still kept it private so that only friends can see it. Would this be enough for a bot to go after me? The first few attempts were from the same email address SEneasadezi@hotmail.com then it changed to AnguianoSerch@hotmail.com. However, this is nothing on Google about either of those addresses. Anyway, I keep denying and they keep trying.
  • Options
    i know, right?

they won't respond unless you use certain words, and then they advertise what ever it is. usually it's cam to cam and they ask you to keep a secret and don't tell anyone, i just block them.

should really get some msn addresses of people here, or at least the ones that matter to me.

:heart:

I don't have that problem, I just add anyone who wants to be mates with me, if they ask me,
    "Do you want fun on cam",
    I say OK, Block + Delete.

So they sometimes be 32 year old males or so asking where am I atm what am I doing write this second and all....:)