Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

solvent abuse research plz help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,*

** I am a student currently researching experience and effects of using household products to get high (dust-off, rubber cement, robitussin, etc) I am looking for input on reasons for first trying it, the experience you had, the after effects and how you feel about using these products to get high today. Please include your age and if it is popular amongst your friends. All informational will be confidential and only used for educational purposes. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Most popular thing to lug when I was younger was butane (lighter gas). Never really saw the appeal in something that was so obviously dangerous - and that's coming from somebody who isn't scared to try a drug or two.

My godsons father was found dead in his car by his, at the time, pregnant girlfriend as he waited to pick her up outside college. Whilst waiting h'ed taken a blatt on the gas an died in the car. Pretty sad.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just to let you know it's usually best to ask permission before posting a research request on TheSite.org - just so we can verify what it's for. I'll keep this up for now and will move to our 'We need you' section but I have deleted your other posts across the boards.

It would be good to hear more about what the research is and also it's worth noting that this is a UK based website so if you're outside of the UK then this may not be useful to you.