Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm drunk...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Monserrat wrote: »
    G&T here. Beefeater, Schweppes, with a slice of lime.

So, what we drinking tonight? I'm afraid, I'll have to quote myself :-)
  • Options
    I had 3 beers last night and felt like crap today, I've become old, and such a lush!
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOO, get teh fooking captins out and join me in an onlinepiss uup - lie the good oel days! You know you want to. fuck tmorrow. be young, think of right now!
  • Options
    Lol, I do! But I am out :( Havn't bought any in ages. And I have to pick my mom up at the airport at fucking 8:30 tomorrow! How rude, her taking such an early flight.
  • Options
    How very dare she. I have shit to do tomorrow too. I am going ti go to bed in pretense that aI will be able to do my things toimorrow... Er, drink something though. Or, how about we all synchronise our disies and drink next weekend - we so shoud?
  • Options
    im far to sick n sore n full of meds to do anything :(

might have a couple next week when if im a bit more mobile .. should be interestin with all the opiateS :D
  • Options
    I didn't even drink but slept through my alarm anyways. I get woken up with a call... "I'm here" and in my sleepy stupor I answer with, who is this, where are you?
  • Options
    chortle. you really do make me laugh. I'm sure eveyone's interested to know that I have been drinking again?
  • Options
    noooo i have been drunk afor thre alasdt week man freashers are amazing i love it. tonioght ios the lst night i can get wasted ha
  • Options
    Enjoy. I shouldn't be drinking. Tomorrow is going to be horrible///
  • Options
    haha i have had free drinkignks all night i have mixed sooooo much!
  • Options
    glass of water before bed... Piece of toast and sweet tea/coffee in the morning and you'll be fine. Works for me, sometimes. The rest of the time I call the day after a write off and stay in gbed.
  • Options
    yes i wi;l have soem water now¬! i have lectures on tuesday so i have a day to recovber! its all good!
  • Options
    Just sip the water, and keep a pint glass by your bed. Not too much paracetamol in the morning coz you don't want to over burden your liver. k?

night night
  • Options
    Had a few but not too baaad. Sadly :( emo emo emo
  • Options
    buzzed last night at my cousins B-day BASH !!!
    and still buzzing , OMG em gonna through up on you . . . beware !!!
  • Options
    I was pretty tipsy today (so depressed about the game) then I went to the gym... bad idea, gives you a sick tummy!
  • Options
    Weekends? What are those things :P
  • Options
    I've gone fancy tonight and bought a bottle of wine... though I was seconds away from buying pumpkin beer at Trader Joe's... oh I kick myself now, I'm curious!

I'm too poor for captain now, being jobless soon, though I guess with the amount of times you get drunk from a bottle of that and the 1 day you get from a bottle of wine, I guess captain is much cheaper.
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    I've gone fancy tonight and bought a bottle of wine... though I was seconds away from buying pumpkin beer at Trader Joe's... oh I kick myself now, I'm curious!

I'm too poor for captain now, being jobless soon, though I guess with the amount of times you get drunk from a bottle of that and the 1 day you get from a bottle of wine, I guess captain is much cheaper.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah
  • Options
    Did you get the memo? We need to talk about your TPS reports.
  • Options
    Pumpkin beer, no fair, never even heard of it - got to find some and try it. I'm drinking plain old cider. Though there is some cookies and cream vodka stuff in the frdige- it's a bit of a grim stomach churner so I'm staying clear. There might be some beer in the lodger's fridge, so although I don't drink beer, if I run out of cider, I might have to go on a beer raiding mission and top the nastiness up with sme cherry vimto squash. (do you know what squash is? It's a concentrated liquid you use to make drinks).

So, what's happening with your job? Does it just not fit in with your school placement or?
  • Options
    Oh cookies and cream no good? That sounds good... though i guess I'm thinking of icecream.

If I could guarantee a glass bottle to make it thru the mail I'd send you some beer :p

Actually work is working out fine. I was going to quit come december because student teachign is full time, starting january, but they are implementing technology at work that should have been in about 10 years ago so I'm losing my pointless and useless job sooner than I'd wish, and not at my discrection... but now I"ll get unemployment when I'm at school instead of having no income, so its actually good.
  • Options
    The cookies and cream stuff sounds lush but tastes gross, hence me buying it and then being rather dissapointed (sp).

Perhaps you can earn a little extra on the side working as a provate tutor while you finish your placement and degree?

Is this your first teaching post? Good luck with that, rather you than me. What age?

What wine you drinking? I might just have to smoozy on back to the states with a friend of mine once they have their passport sorted, then we can all drink pumpkin beer together...
  • Options
    Well I had a placement at a jr high (12-14) which I would have rather died than taught. A terrible age and the cirriculum is pretty much only american history, which I find incredibly boring. You have to do it to graduage so its not really a post, just another class, really. No pay, I pay the uni still.

But I emailed the teacher I was going to work with, to introduce myself, and she says... I only teach 2 history classes a day and nobody else could take you (teachers and schools hate student teachers) so I thought, what the fuck... I pay you, university, to do all this, don't fuck it up. And havn't heard anything back out a new placement yet. They suck. But I'll keep my fingers crossed I can get replaced at a highschool (ages 14-18).

I'm drinking a shiraz from a store called trader joe's... I heard lots of good things about them, super cheap but super good... and I'm not impressed.

So what are you up to tonight?
  • Options
    I don't really 'do' red wine. I wish I did and then I could recreate scenes from the lost boys in my mind but... na, it's the white or rose for me. The only thing to do with wine is to buy what you like, buying by reputation never excites me, just makes me wonder whose taste buds are defunct.

I have got changed for bed, read a few chapters on NLP techniques for sales (yup, I've sold my soul for a cut price amount, again). Am currently wacthing a show called 'Don't tell the bride' on iplayer (bbc online catch up service). And... I'm drinking. I have a new bed. I don't know if I like it or not, I was getting quite used to a mattress on the floor. I did once have a 'thing' about wanting to got to Japan, I guess the mattress on the floor style played into that a little.

Hmmn, what else? I've looked at two baskets of laundry and contemplated folding and putting away and the decided against it. I've taken a phone-call from a friend asking if I spilled some gossip about his sister that only a few people knew and is now going around the area where she live. It wasn't me, but I think I know who it was and I'm really gutted for her- people should just keep their mouths shut and concentrate on their own lives rather than gossip about other people.

Hmmn, end ramble, open another tiun.
  • Options
    Isn't laundry the worst chore ever! I feel good I'm not alone in thinking tht whats supposdily is good isn't good. what is nlp, I"m to lazy to google? Gossip sucks. I think anybody that spreads gossip that is over 15 years old should be jailed.
  • Options
    nlp is neuro linguistic programming. Just some mumbo jumbo about communication skills basically. Because I am working in... telesale s(fucking story of my life- what am I doing, someone shoot me now) I'm just going over some sales principles. Like, how to not appear to be selling by doing things like making the person on the phone feel like you are REALLY listening to them, and then going in for the kill... LOL

*hates self already*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

People also use nlp in talking therapies, a bit like they might use psychotherapy or hypnosis. NLP = not likeable pricks... (like me :( )
  • Options
    Lol, that actually sounds like really useful skills, on the phone and in person! And you're the opposite of a non likeable prick :p Whats up with you and school, still in it, how is it going?
  • Options
    I think I'll call in sick tomorrow... have 2 sick days left and probably only be there till the end of the month, why not! Now if only I can convince the bf to drive me to get more booze :p