Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

advice needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
need some advice, i am being charged with a section 20 with intent against my husband, the case was dropped and i am back with him but the prosecution are taking it to crown in a week i just want to know what to expect, i stabbed him in the shoulder because we were fighting and he was cheating on me

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time at the moment.

It is hard to give you accurate advice without learning about all the facts involved. Therefore, I would suggest that you visit a legal adviser as soon as possible.

You can contact your local Citizen's Advice Bureau who offer free, confidential and independent advice. You can find your local office by using the links to the left of their homepage.

Further, you may wish to contact a solicitor's firm. You can use the Community Legal Advice website to search for Criminal solicitor's in your local area. You would then need to contact them and ask whether they can help you at this time.

If you are unable to obtain legal advice and there is a court hearing listed, then there are normally duty solicitor's at court who can advice you and sometimes represent you at the hearing. You would need to attend court early to ensure that you had a chance to speak to them before the hearing.

Hope this helps and good luck. :)
    section 20

i have a barrister that thinks the case should be dropped but the prosecution say it was an unprovoked revenge attack which it wasnt, my husband isnt pressing charges and is willing to stand up in court to defend me, i am back in court in two weeks to make a plea and it will go to trial in january if the case isnt dropped but the judge seems intent on keeping me on remand untill then
    Hey again,

Thanks for the update.

I am glad that you have the legal representation that you need and I hope you are finding that useful.

I hope that things get better for you soon.

Keep us posted on progress.

:)
    section 20

i am in crown court again on friday and im hoping the charges will be dropped or it goes to trial on the 10th of january im just worried about being kept on remand untill then